Oregon

Hi! I just finished my new chicken coop. Now I'm ready for a few chickens. I want to start out with teenagers! After what I've read I want a couple of Rhode Island Red's. I figure they are the most hardy. I live in Beavercreek, Oregon at about 1,500 feet. So we have snow! I may a little slow, but I can't figure out where to get my new chickens. Can anyone direct me to a source?

Thanks
Katy5791
I don't know any private breeders locally with Rhode Islands but maybe someone else will. You can get Production Reds (they often label them as Rhode Island Reds but they are not) at most farm stores starting soon, Wilco, Coastal Farm, etc. The Urban Farm Store has connections with some local breeders and may be able to help you. I have never been there or talked to them, just heard about them, and I believe they are somewhere in the Portland area.

Hi! I just finished my new chicken coop. Now I'm ready for a few chickens. I want to start out with teenagers! After what I've read I want a couple of Rhode Island Red's. I figure they are the most hardy. I live in Beavercreek, Oregon at about 1,500 feet. So we have snow! I may a little slow, but I can't figure out where to get my new chickens. Can anyone direct me to a source?

Thanks
Katy5791

Bud Alston and John Jensen would be the two folks I would highly recommend in the area with Rhode Island Reds. Bud is on here username: budsbirds and has a website http://budsbirds.webs.com

Would have to look up John's contact info.

A question for any of you on this thread that show your chickens. Considering taking some birds to my first show, the PNPA show at the Clark County Fairgrounds in April. Is any paperwork needed for taking the birds across State lines? I am not NPIP yet so I know the birds will need blood drawn at the show. Anything else?

Hi all!! Anyone out here with me in Medford OR! I can't wait for our beautiful spring weather!!

I'm in Eagle Point so close by too! I raise quail and also have orpingtons (2 lavender, a buff, and one English splash rooster) as well as three red sexlink chickens. I also have a trio of silver heritage turkeys.

Hey there! Live in Rogue River, work in White City. I raise d'uccles and heritage turkeys.
Howdy!

Hey Lorilyn! What kinds of Turkey's do you raise? I am doing Turkey's for the first time this spring. I am thinking of going with the Bourbon Reds.

I'm in Eagle Point so close by too! I raise quail and also have orpingtons (2 lavender, a buff, and one English splash rooster) as well as three red sexlink chickens. I also have a trio of silver heritage turkeys.

Reedgirl, I love the lavender Orpingtons. Do you sell them?

A question for any of you on this thread that show your chickens. Considering taking some birds to my first show, the PNPA show at the Clark County Fairgrounds in April. Is any paperwork needed for taking the birds across State lines? I am not NPIP yet so I know the birds will need blood drawn at the show. Anything else?

Not needed however as soon as you do get a copy of paperwork on it I would bring a copy of it with you across state lines in the future. You could email the show secretary for more info.

Back
Top Bottom