Oregon

What is your opinion on this?  My understanding is that adult birds can not get it and it is only transmitted orally through eating the feces of an infected bird.  Planning for my first show in April in WA and not thinking I need to be overly concerned about this.  As a precaution the exhibitors could put plexi-glass panels between the show cages so poop from another bird could not get kicked into your birds show cage.

I agree entirely with what you said. As a show exhibitor type person I'm not concerned. But since it's chick season and there are swap meets coming up, thought it was worth sharing. It's highly highly unlikely any birds in the show will be under the 18 week age which is apparently the oldest this disease can affect.

I agree entirely with what you said. As a show exhibitor type person I'm not concerned. But since it's chick season and there are swap meets coming up, thought it was worth sharing. It's highly highly unlikely any birds in the show will be under the 18 week age which is apparently the oldest this disease can affect.
Thank you!

Update for those of you who were looking for a birthday present for the hubby for me. Here are pics of the Old English Bantam game rooster, Reducto ("I'll make you fun-sized!") I got him.

Here he is with my muscovy hen Dinah (who lives in the kitchen) and with an Ameraucana mix rooster for size comparison.

The bunnies just opened their eyes this week. Will be weaned and ready for new homes about 2 weeks before Easter.

What kind of bunnies are they?

I have 11 that are California/New Zealand with a hint of English Spot thrown in. The spotted ones in the pic (so cute!) doe is checkered/Flemish giant and buck is California/New Zealand. The CA/NZ are about 7-9 pounds full grown. The checkered/Flemish is quite a bit bigger so the babies will be on the bigger side, I would think.

Hey all, I'm going to be in the Redmond OR area this weekend and am looking for splash Ameraucana cockerels for a breeding project. Would like to pick up Saturday so I don't have to house a bird overnight at my mom's house. Not breeding for SOP, but do need blue egg genes and splash color. If you got your bird from a feed store or hatchery, he's not what I'm looking for, sorry. PM me with your info!

Hello,
Does anyone have any guinea fowl eggs that they are currently incubating? I would like to put a few under my broody hen. There is one person in Cathlamet but I was hoping for someone closer to Boring. Hers are ready to hatch in 13 days and I was also hoping for some a little further along in incubation as my hen has been broody for a long time now and I don't want her to have to keep sitting.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I've been on BYC for awhile now, and even though I live just 5 min over the bridge in Washington, I thought I'd say Hi to my PDX/Oregon friends. Hope you don't mind if I peek in once in a while.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom