Oregon

I am in Hillsboro. I am looking for someone who would like a Buff Orpington male (he is 4 weeks old) and I will not be able to keep him due to City ordinances. The place where I got him offered to take him back and they would take him to the Woodburn Auction. That is not my preference.
I am interested. I am currently also in city limits (Vancouver) and can't have a roo right now, but will be moving the beginning of July to 5 acres and will need a Roo for my girls. If you don't find a home for him before then, let me know!
I love Orpingtons!

That's great! This is exactlt the kind of situation I want for him... Here is my email [email protected]. I don't have anyone so far that is interested, so let's work out the logistics of the potential roo move!!

Sharon

I am in Hillsboro. I am looking for someone who would like a Buff Orpington male (he is 4 weeks old) and I will not be able to keep him due to City ordinances. The place where I got him offered to take him back and they would take him to the Woodburn Auction. That is not my preference.
if for some reason that does not work out i have 5 week old chicks right now and i could take him. i live in forest grove/ gales creek area

Last edited:
Sorry about that. When I saw the initial message I did not see the part about living in the Forest Grove/Gales Creek area. Send me a message to my email so we can work out the details. Thanks. Sharon

ISO: Lavender Muscovy hen or female ducklings lavender or split to lavender.... I want to breed my lavender drake to a lavender mate.... Looking any where form north coast Oreogn/ SW Washington to Portland area or an hour from either... Any leads?

I apologize in advance if my questions seem silly, but we are completely new to chickens and farm stores.

I have had a few people ask me if my chicks were vaccinated for Mareks. I have no clue. My adult daughter bought the chicks from Wilco and gave us a few of her extras. Do any of you know if Wilco uses a particular hatchery and if chicks are routinely vaccinated for Mareks here in Oregon?

I was going to contact Wilco but thought I would ask here first.

Thanks,
the mom (family account)

I think that all chicks purchased at a big store (Wilco, Coastal, etc) are vaccinated.

If you buy from a farm or local breeder, they might not be vaccinated.

We are new to this too. We bought some chicks from Coastal, and then got some Buckeyes from a local breeder (within a couple days of Coastal purchase).
The Coastal ones were vaccinated, the Buckeyes not. We had heard that you shouldn't mix the 2, but we did, and so far no problems.

Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom