Oregon

Mostly on nonpoultry topics. But may be useful to some.

http://smallfarms.oregonstate.edu/small-farm-school

Saturday September 6, 2014

8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Clairmont Hall, Clackamas Community College, Oregon City

Adults: $65
Youth: $40

Small Farm School is a full day event with hands on and classroom workshops for beginning farmer and small acreage rural landowners. Join us the first Saturday of September at Clackamas Community College.
Field and classroom workshops include pig and poultry management, fruit and vegetable production, soil management, tractor safety and operation, on farm veterinary care and much more.

bhaugh - There are tons of chicken owners in the Eugene & surrounding areas - you will fit right in :) Roo's are not welcome in the city limits of most towns but get a place with property right outside of town & your good
D.gif

Last edited:
Well I meant non-feather legged
I don't think there is a breeder in Oregon but I think I have heard of one in Washington. The clean legged Marans are the English Variety, originally bred in Britain. The three recognized varieties in the US by the American Poultry Association are Black Copper, Wheaten and I believe Whites recently. All follow the French Standard and have feathered legs. There are several other colour varieties including Cuckoo that are recognized colour varieties, just not by the APA yet. The MCCUSA has a great forum just for Marans and you might ask there about breeders.

Forgot to mention that the Cuckoos are the next colour variety trying to get approved by the APA. Am pretty sure they need to have feathered legs to meet the standard that has been proposed.

Back
Top Bottom