Oregon

Thanks for all the information! Yes I free range my birds and the little finches swoop in for a snack. I'm hoping it's just an issue with water fowl not the song birds. I'm assuming geese and ducks?

The juncos and BLUE JAYS definitely help themselves. My Breda are anti-bird though and chase them off. Still, I have had problems with wild birds and their parasites. Sadly, I have stopped feeding the wild birds, which has helped more than anything.

I hope it is just a waterfowl thing... Good luck to everyone!

Yes only one flock as far as I know and they seemed most concerned about keeping chickens away fron water fowl. I can't seem to keep the little birds out of my runs, dang things are like mice but they get in and can't get back out.
Not sure how your runs are built but for temporary runs we have used deer fencing. It comes in rolls 7'x100' that we attached to cow panels with zip ties. When we built our coops and the attached runs we used 1" x2" welded wire. We did it because of all the baddies that come out at night but it keeps the songbirds out also.

Does anyone know if there are any blue double laced Barnevelder breeders here in Oregon?

Not looking for show quality, and I don't have enough money for shipping, so hopefully if there are any, they are close enough I can pick up (I live in Fossil; can travel between here and Bend/Redmond, sometimes Prineville, John Day, or The Dalles, but only through county transportation as an extra passenger, so I can't go elsewhere, only places along the way). Can't afford enough to fill a box for shipping anyway.

Prefer baby chicks, but can do hatching eggs.

I know one could make some themselves through breeding, but that isn't an option for me.

Hello Oregon peeps! I live in Saint Helens Or. I just received 8 Blue Wheaten eggs and am setting them tonight after the 12hour setting time. Anyone know what the law is for Columbia county on owning Roosters? Just moved out here from North Plains. I rehomed 30 plus chickens before the move.

Thanks!

Tami

Does anyone know if there are any blue double laced Barnevelder breeders here in Oregon?

Not looking for show quality, and I don't have enough money for shipping, so hopefully if there are any, they are close enough I can pick up (I live in Fossil; can travel between here and Bend/Redmond, sometimes Prineville, John Day, or The Dalles, but only through county transportation as an extra passenger, so I can't go elsewhere, only places along the way). Can't afford enough to fill a box for shipping anyway.

I know one could make some themselves through breeding, but that isn't an option for me.
I was going to get some from Andy of Mountainview Orchards but he is on this side of the Cascades, so probably not an option for you.

Hi all my Oregon friends I was wondering if anyone in the southern oregon area was wanting any chickens. I live in grants pass so it would be local pick up. I still can't figure out the buy sell trade thing so I thought I would ask here. I have all sorts of breeds so just ask and I will let you know. I will give prices on whatever breed you want.

Anira, I don't know if she does blue double laced Barnies, but there is a gal in Portland named Janelle that does Barnies. If I remember correctly, she is working on blues. There is a Barnevelder Poultry Group on Facebook that she moderates. I'm hoping to get a Barnie or two from her at some point. If you connect with her and she has what you're looking for, let me know. I travel to Portland reasonably frequently and live in The Dalles, so maybe I could help you transport them.

Back
Top Bottom