Oregon

then i would say OSU ! ( Oregon State University ) ALLL the way !! it has a AMAZING sience program !! i plan on doing the same exact thing when i graduate next year
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I also hope to go to OSU and get a degree in poultry science and than also go there for vet school. Now I just have to graduate high school
lol.png

Who knew there were so many other young people on here wanting to be vets and go to college in Oregon! Do you guys know much about OSU?

Are the classes small (13 or less)?

Are the professors friendly? Do they really get to know you?

Are the students serious about getting an education?

tis a BIIIIG collage.. takes up corvallis OR, probobly a not or maybe to all your questions... if you want something like that then i suggest Willamette university ! they have SMALL classes and are a VERY good collage, dont know if they have a big "science" devision tho

Willamette's 'spensive though.

I don't know if they have avet program.

Corvallis is a great town...many neat folks live here.

Friendly profs? Depends on the teacher, class size, and persistence of the student.

If you want a more intimate setting, find a smaller school. OSU's close to 20K students.

Corvallis is 50K not counting students

Downsides to big classes:

You MUST be self-motivated.

It can be harder to get help if you get lost.

You're a number, not a name.

I just did grad school there, so I'm not knowlegable about the undergrad side, but I know I really liked my small college for undergrad.

My son went to both UofO and OSU. He said that the UofO kids were there to party and the OSU kids were there to get an education for a good job. Also he got his first two years of credits at Lane Community College. He felt that community college professors were more committed to helping you succeed in college and the credits were cheaper than UofO and OSU and transferred just fine. He felt that the two years at a community college really helped him prepare for success at OSU and grad school too. He is now has a good job as a first grade teacher.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom