Oregon

Just went to a fantastic chicken first aide class at the Urban Farm Store in Portland by Tonya Meyer. She and her partner had 2 chickens and demonstrated how to bandage a chicken's foot for bumble foot, how to tape a broken wing, how to examine the vent. They explained how to splint a broken leg, about parasites and treating injuries caused by predators, how to secure the head to treat an injured comb and much much more! Tonya does house calls to Portland area and Salem. Very reasonable. She will be doing an advanced first aide class next year. It was great to see her working on her chickens! I learned so much. She even explained how to make an immunity tonic for chickens. Please PM me and I will share her info. Her first telephone consult is free!

Just went to a fantastic chicken first aide class at the Urban Farm Store in Portland by Tonya Meyer. She and her partner had 2 chickens and demonstrated how to bandage a chicken's foot for bumble foot, how to tape a broken wing, how to examine the vent. They explained how to splint a broken leg, about parasites and treating injuries caused by predators, how to secure the head to treat an injured comb and much much more! Tonya does house calls to Portland area and Salem. Very reasonable. She will be doing an advanced first aide class next year. It was great to see her working on her chickens! I learned so much. She even explained how to make an immunity tonic for chickens. Please PM me and I will share her info. Her first telephone consult is free!

Hey Lynn, thanks for the info. I really wanted to go, but it was a family birthday (plus we bought a new car!) Now I can give you a call if I need some medical attention for my chickens??
smile.png

Would you PM me Tonya's information, please and thank you.

Hey, Lynn. I saw you on OPB's Art Beat last night about the Marquam Mosaic. What an awesome project. Well done!

Here is information on the gal who teaches chicken first aide. Tonya also makes house calls and omes out to help with chicken emergencies.

There is another list serve: [email protected]/

Tonya will be teaching more classes at the Urban Farm Store in Portland next year. She gave me permission to post her card. I really recommend her class!

Last edited:
Hi fellow Oregonians! My husband and I live in NE Portland with our three kiddos. I have asked for a coop for Christmas and the hubs is in the process of building it for us. So excited to be a part of the backyard chicken club. :)

Hello,
My husband and I live in Aloha, which is eight miles from Portland. We have ten hens that roam free everyday. No matter what the weather is like the girls love being outside.
Today it is 30 out, when I opened their coop door they just ran right past me for the yard, to them they don't care if the ground is frozen, still scratch and peek the ground.
I do give them grain and water for them that is on the patio.

You will have fun watching and raising your girls.

Hello,
My husband and I live in Aloha, which is eight miles from Portland. We have ten hens that roam free everyday. No matter what the weather is like the girls love being outside.
Today it is 30 out, when I opened their coop door they just ran right past me for the yard, to them they don't care if the ground is frozen, still scratch and peek the ground.
I do give them grain and water for them that is on the patio.

You will have fun watching and raising your girls

Back
Top Bottom