Oregon

Hi fellow Oregonians! My husband and I live in NE Portland with our three kiddos. I have asked for a coop for Christmas and the hubs is in the process of building it for us. So excited to be a part of the backyard chicken club.
smile.png

Hi, welcome. I'm just west of Salem proper on a little acreage. Right now I have four hens -- one BA, two BOs, and a BR. They are 8 months old and are great little egg layers. Not to mention very entertaining. What breed of chickens do you plan to get?

Started a FB group called In the Henhouse.
I think some of my friends were getting annoyed with all my chicken talk and chicken pictures
1f60f.png

Last edited:
I'm in Grants Pass and have a nice Salmon Faverolles cockerel to sell. I was going to put him in a breeding pen this spring, but I just lost my last Faverolles pullets to a predator this weekend
sad.png
and I'm already cockerel heavy. He's 9 months old, very correct build. He's been slow to mature, just started crowing about 2 weeks ago and today was the first time I've seen him attempt to mate a hen, although my head rooster may have something to do with that. He's over 8lbs already, and should continue to fill out over the next few months. I'll get pictures up when the sun comes out
roll.png
and I'll also have an ad on CL.

We named him Gabriel, after the comedian Gabriel Iglesias, cause he's so fluffy
lol.png
. My birds are more livestock than pets, but I have the inkling he'd be perfectly content to be someone's lap chicken, given a little time. He's kind of clumsy and dorky, but so lovable.

Edited--Gabriel has found a new home with some lovely ladies! So happy I didn't have to butcher that lovable guy
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom