Oregon

Howdy Oregon folks! I'm moving back to Oregon after a few years on the east coast. Building a new farm in 2020, between Roseburg and Eugene. I had to sell all my chickens, but I'll be bringing 3 Silver Appleyard ducks back with me. Any recommendations for Silver Appleyard breeders in Oregon, NoCal, or Washington would be appreciated! I really, really fell in love with this breed and on the new farm I want to expand to a sizeable flock to promote the health and numbers of a rare heritage breed. Also looking to rebuild my chicken flock on the new farm in 2020-21 and add some guinea fowl, so I'm happy to make friends in the area who keep/breed any of the above. Thanks! :)

Unfortunately my hatching plans may have to change. I can't get the incubator that I borrowed to work properly, and I might have to be moving soon.

I'm going to try near the end of the summer instead, and this time I'm going to buy my own incubator. Anybody have any suggestions on decent ones that aren't too pricey?

Not sure this is a no no or not, but I found what's called incubatorwharehouse.com.
They have some decent prices on stuff. And their shipping is fast. I just bought a temp/hygrometer from them.

Our one bantam hen has started to go broody, we don’t want her trying to incubate any eggs right now because it’s too cold out, so we had to kick her off the nest.
I’ve also moved my cat out to the farm today, and she seems to be settling in alright. She and the new dog are going to take some time to get used to each other, though.

In the process of expanding my flock, today I bought a beautiful true ameraucana rooster! Now I just have to track down some ameraucana hens...

Attachments

• EE8571E4-1029-4798-A3FB-5C0F00873A28.jpeg
    EE8571E4-1029-4798-A3FB-5C0F00873A28.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 4
Hello Oregonians!
I'm in Prineville, looking for chicken breeders in Oregon to start my new flock (not interested in hatchery stock). I am finishing out a coop and will be ready in no less than 1 1/2 months. Chicks or started pullets would be great but, also have access to a very nice incubator.

Breeds I'm interested in:
-Purebred Ameraucana
-Welsummer
-Black Copper Maran
-Silverudd's Blue/Isbar
-Izegem Cuckoo
-Dominique
-Erminette
-Barnevelder
-Not a breed but....Speckled Olive Egger
-Auto-sexing breeds
....to name a few