Oregon

Hi to meandmytwo!

Wow ... 3 from such a small area! But, it's quite rural, so that makes sense.

If either of you plan to order chicks in the future, let's collaborate! I have ordered three times from Murray McMurray, with very good results. If ever you folks would like to go in on an order, we're game, and it makes it easier to meet a minimum order. We order a couple times a year. My next group is coming September 1, so let me know if you want to add to my order.

What a beautiful weekend! Sorry that it's over, and it's back to building bridges one spreadsheet at a time tomorrow
caf.gif

Janine

I work as a subcontractor to ODOT, on the OTIA III Bridge Delivery Program. I work with the data, extracting queries from a database, and providing the data to our engineers and other disciplines. Hence, building bridges one spreadsheet at a time
smile.png
I love the job, and love the detail work.

I'm actually in the Change Management group; we document and detail all of the changes to scope, schedule, and budget for the OTIA III Bridge program. I'm down in the weeds, for sure! But, it's important for the history of the program ($1.3 billion transportation bill passed in 2003). I'm a native Oregonian, and feel I contribute to the accountability of the Program.

Wishing you happy travels over the new bridges of Oregon! (and fun with your chickens)
thumbsup.gif

Janine

Yeah to Netarts! Only the best oysters in the world ... yummmy! My husband and I drive to Pearl Point Oysters in Tillamook to buy Netarts Bay oysters -- we love them
clap.gif
Actually, they are the only oysters we eat (come from a nearly total saltwater estuary). They are wonderful.

What type of flock do you have?

Janine

Azalea, here....

We have added Araucanas and silkies to our list... My wife went overboard, s we had lots of extras... and 2 turkeys and 2 ducks and 2 geese.... I finally managed to sell off the extra silkies... now on the the extra araucanas... we are going from 7 chickens (one rooster in the bunch) last year when we got here to over 100... that is a big expansion!

Ah well...

Tony in Azalea
[email protected]

Hi meandmytwo and sunshynn ... this is amazing to find three of us in the same neighborhood; nobody lives in Sheridan!!
tongue.png
I have another friend in Sheridan who's an absolute fanatic about chickens (she's kinda my guru); I'm going to invite her to join the forum ~ she'd love talking chickens with everyone here
smile.png

Collaboration on an order would be great ~ I sure don't need the minimum 25 chicks (not yet anyway...still cutting my hen teeth on the 6 babies!) LOL I'll keep the Sept. 1 order in mind. Too cool!

Thanks for the invitation...I'll let you know!! We have lots of predators out here too, but the coop we'll be using when the girls get big enough is nice and tight and protected. Thought about using the bigger coop in back, but it needs a bit repair work (as I said to my husband, "to get ready for more chickens"...he just rolled his eyes, but smiled and said "I knew you were thinking that!").

Ah! We got our first bag of starter feed from the Old Mill in Dallas, but hubby tells me that Wilco in Mac is Chicken Central and that I'll love all the chicken gear
wee.gif

...I haven't been there in awhile, but it's a great store!

droolin.gif
for Wilco. I'm a farm & garden fiend; my husband has to almost pull me outta there when we go! I get excited for a trip to Wilco like most women would for a trip to a shoe store. I just want one of everything!

Janine

Back
Top Bottom