Oregon

Hi everyone. I have a small flock of three 5-6 year old hens here in outer SE Portland. They Are wonderful - a white Americana, a black Marans, and a Rhode Island Red. My flock was larger not too long a ago... We are having huge problems with predators, including a coyote yesterday (brutal attack). I'm in the middle of the city, so this is shocking. I need to re-home my girls or they are all going to be eaten. Yes, I can keep them in their coop/run all day long but they have been free-ranging for 5 years, so that's just cruel. On top of it all, we're about to move cross-country and taking them is not feasible as I think we'll be in an apartment for a bit until we find a permanent place. I love my girls, but I need to find them a new home where they can be safe. Is anyone here able to perhaps add 3 older ladies to their flock? Thanks everyone.

Hello everyone I had a freshly hatched chick (still wet from hatching) with, what appears to be, a severely prolapsed vent. There is some blood and two protrusions. Any advise as to how I can support this little one?

Hi everyone. I have a small flock of three 5-6 year old hens here in outer SE Portland. They Are wonderful - a white Americana, a black Marans, and a Rhode Island Red. My flock was larger not too long a ago... We are having huge problems with predators, including a coyote yesterday (brutal attack). I'm in the middle of the city, so this is shocking. I need to re-home my girls or they are all going to be eaten. Yes, I can keep them in their coop/run all day long but they have been free-ranging for 5 years, so that's just cruel. On top of it all, we're about to move cross-country and taking them is not feasible as I think we'll be in an apartment for a bit until we find a permanent place. I love my girls, but I need to find them a new home where they can be safe. Is anyone here able to perhaps add 3 older ladies to their flock? Thanks everyone.
Hoping youve found a good home for your girls🤗

I’m in Portland, Oregon!

Also, I have an almost 1 year old laying hen- Salmon Faverolle that I’m rehoming for free. She’s bullying my bantams and driving me nuts. Come get her out of detention!?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom