Oregon

Quote:
I'm in Roseburg, not too far away.

I live in South Salem and need some help with a sick chicken. Anybody live nearby that is very knowledgable and would let me bring my hen so you can give me some advice.

Dean

NOT a good idea....if it is something infectious, you could accidentally pass it to the chickens of the person that is trying to help you. The best thing to do is to post questions / specific symptoms, and photos if they would be helpful on here on the Emergency / Illness section...good luck!!

thanks for your quick response. I of course have considered that problem, but I would not take the chicken in the vicinity of any other chickens just for that reason.
I've scoured the forum and unfortunately theirs nothing that I have found that I can say, "That's the problem" and the few responders only had wild guess. I do appreciate any response and I guess I just have to try different avenues and hope my little Sammy will some how get well.

Deane

Never got around to saying hi. So, hi!
frow.gif

I'm in Damascus, near Boring. Had only 4 girls (3 BO and 1 Jersey Giant) til my friend gave me 9 more (2 Americauna, 3 Marans, 2 Cornish, 1 Langshan and 1 Polish) a couple of weeks ago. I'm at capacity now, at least until Spring when we can add wing (ha!) to the coop.

Is it raining tonight where you are?
Carol

Edited because it's a Langshan not a Langsham!

Last edited:
Hello From NE Portland Rocky Butte area. New here, and loving all the information...Just started keeping Chickens as pet's in June, they are wonderful cant believe I waited so long to get some.

Hi all!

I'm in unincorporated Clackamas County between Milwaukie, Clackamas and Portland. No rules here, and I'm sure everyone for a mile knows about our chickens due to the noisy rooster. Used to be in L.O., but didn't have chickens then.

Hi everyone - Coos Bay here...1 of 5 of us! I don't have my chicks yet, but they have been ordered: 2 NHRs, 2 DEs, 2 BRs, 2 BOs and should be here in March from the local feed store. I am currently clearing the blackberry vines/canes from the property and will soon start building the coop. I know I have time, but with as few rain-less days as we have here, I want to make sure I have the land cleared and the coop ready before the girls arrive. I'm sure my DW is concerned about me and wondering why I want chickens, but the one thing she's mainly concerned about is a mean rooster!

Incubators - I don't think I want to get this involved, but I have thought about buying some eggs later if I have a broody.

Predators - We live next to a gully and I know we have raccoons (cuz they come up on the porch and eat the cat food!) and rats (the cats leave them for us to find).

Anyway, I've gotten a lot of good information from this website and the forums too! Thanks everyone!!

john

Back
Top Bottom