Oregon

Quote:
Any hatch yet? I'm about 1/2 mile outside city limits!! Woo hoo! Which is great, since I have 4 adult roosters, and at least 7 more that I know of that aren't "of age" yet! LOL

Quote:
Any hatch yet? I'm about 1/2 mile outside city limits!! Woo hoo! Which is great, since I have 4 adult roosters, and at least 7 more that I know of that aren't "of age" yet! LOL

So, since you are in Clackamas county, do you know the rules? You must have to go by the county ordinances too, right?

Quote:

No, No hatch... :-( There was nothing, the light burnt out on the incubator while I was at work one day and came home to find them freezing cold. I tried to warm them back up but no success... and when I cracked it open it was just yolk. :-(

Quote:

So, since you are in Clackamas county, do you know the rules? You must have to go by the county ordinances too, right?

No idea. Ignorance is bliss, I tell ya!! LOL

Quote:

No, No hatch... :-( There was nothing, the light burnt out on the incubator while I was at work one day and came home to find them freezing cold. I tried to warm them back up but no success... and when I cracked it open it was just yolk. :-(

You want to try again?? I can bring you Faverolles eggs, I know they are fertile, I've been hatching them...

Quote:

You want to try again?? I can bring you Faverolles eggs, I know they are fertile, I've been hatching them...

I will have to definitely think about it. If I do I would buy a new incubator... I will get back to you!!

Hey, I'm in Oregon, Colton actually. Haven't had a chance to read thru the other OR posts yet but I will try to. Newbie to BYC and amazed by amount of info! Have WL, RIR, SL and BO's in multiples of at least 2, for my layers. Many chicks-Welsummers, mutt EE, couple GLW. In addition, hubby has taken an interest in chickens and has bunches of chicks. Want to get an incubator this spring/summer.

Quote:
My business is a whole lot of fun most of the time. Since the dogs are not kept in cages, but instead play free in groups, they are not stressed so I'm not usually too stressed. However, Spring Break last week was out of control! 17 dogs here!! People are still traveling even though the economy is so wretched, but they just aren't going as far. They still need a place for their doggie to stay, though! We've been really blessed since moving here and starting our business in October '07. Just finished our taxes for 2009 and we tripled our income from 2008! God bless the Portland area dog lovers!
celebrate.gif

Hey, one of my dog friends is coming with me to the swap and she's from Oak Grove. You guys used to be in spittin' distance from each other!
Carol

Really? Which town is she from? 17 dogs! LOL, I go nuts with just my 3! LOL. That is awsome that you are getting good business, I think the whole idea of doggie day care is brillant.

Who cares about the house, I'm with you and it's all about the property. A house can be modified at anytime, that's just a material item, the property is the value. I wish my husband were as much about the country living as I am, but he's a city boy, born and raised right here in Portland. He's always told me he's afraid to move to the country caused I'd end up with more pet...Big pets like horses & goats, oh and of course more chickens.

Right now in Ptld I am over and beyond my 3 hen limit. I've got 5 in the Backyard 22 brooding here in the house, and about 18 eggs in the bator. I'd like to have about 10 or 12 total, just wondering if I can pull it off..not sure how much of an outlaw I want to be. I've been considering the permit, but I dont want to jump thru the hoops, let alone let the county know whats going on in my backyard. My husband thinks I shouldn't worry about it unless someone complains, all I know is I am addicted, luckily I keep bantams, so there not large hens

Yes, the Big pets can acumulate! My neighbor just called today to see if I wanted a bottle fed doeling (goat) to add to my little herd. I told her probably not because I have sooo much to do (we put the chicken before the hen house so to speak and are scrambling to finish building for them). But... I have to say, I keep thinking about another cute baby, only two days old. Sigh.

I will tell my husband how many you are keeping in town and them maybe he will stop teasing me!!! I like your husbands attitude!
thumbsup.gif

My husband has been with me a good long time and he knows how much I like having pet's..He loves me enough to put up with it, & I love him enough to put up with his brother & golf..lol So all is good.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom