Oregon

Medford oregon craigslist.. Not mine.

Free Cabinet Incubator..

http://medford.craigslist.org/zip/1900005796.html

Add says
i have a large cabinet type incubator came from teh surplus auction at osu could be used for many things it is about the size of a standard refrigerator

It did have a phone number. I did not include it in case the add gets deleted. and for thier privacy.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I have an odd question, I have a small flock of 5 chickens and I am looking for someone in the Portland/Vancouver that would like to swap caring for chickens when we go on vacations. My neighbors were suppose to take care of them the past few days while we went to the coast, and I came home yesterday to my chickens in distress and NO water and it being 97 degrees outside!!! I spoil my chickens and was so upset, I opened their run and they ran to me as I got them water and ice and watermelon. They gobbled it up and would not leave me. Now I am terrified to leave again, so I was hoping that there was someone on here that would like to trade. My chicken they only really need to have their eggs collected and be watered and fed. Their hen house is open to their run and they come and go. I could either watch yours in trade OR if you feel like being spoiled, I could trade you for massage (from a LMT) and or chiropractic care at our clinic in Vancouver. I just really need to know that if I need to leave again my girls will be happy and healthy when I get back home!
Thanks
Beckie

Quote:
Beckie, check this link out...I'm so sorry your stupid neighbor did that to your girls! That's awful! I'm so glad they were ok and you didn't lose any to the heat...they do LIKE your chickens right? I'd hate to think they did that on purpose...
sad.png

Last edited:
Cloverleaf,
I am sure they did not do it on purpose, I think they just did not check, they only made sure they had food. I think they may be a bit scared of them even though my birds would NEVER bite a person and are the sweetest girls you have ever met! As for the sitters, I saw the post, but really would rather avoid paying for it if possible and doing a trade instead, but I may use them if I don't find anyone that wants to trade!
Beckie

NewtoChick, we have a house-sitter who stays at our home for our dog, cats, and other small pets. Now that we have chickens she is excited to get fresh eggs but doesn't know anything about chickens.
306.gif

I decided to use the chicken sitters (Just Us Hens--JUH) to come by twice while we were away for a week to be sure all was well. I gave the house-sitter the chicken sitter's number if she had any worries and if she needed JUH to check them at any time. It made everyone feel much better and relaxed and the girls were very well cared for and spoiled. It wasn't so bad paying for 2 days of Just Us Hen's services and Sharon even picked up and petted each pullet and checked to check to see that they were OK. She then emailed me after her visit!
looksmiley.gif

Beckie,
Can you tell me generally where you live? You work in Vancouver apparently, but do you also live there? I'd die to trade for massages, but I'm in Damascus...near Boring.
Carol

Chickerdoodle,
I may end up doing just that, it is a great idea! It would make me feel much better to know that there was someone here who knows what they are doing and 2-3 times is not so bad. I have a bit of time to figure it out though, I don't plan on leaving again until November, so I will keep it in mind and keep seeing if there is anyone around here available also. Thanks for the suggestion!

Incubatingisfun~ Welcome to Oregon!!!!

Back
Top Bottom