Oregon

Quote:
Me too! What is it about chickens? Everyone thinks I have lost my mind when I talk about my chickens...or my new chicks arriving soon...or my new incubator...etc. At work they were taking bets on whether or not I could keep from saying the word "chicken" for one whole week. I lasted two full hours!

I totally laughed out loud and nearly woke up my family when I got to the part about lasting two full hours!
lol.png
That's awesome! I'm not sure I can match that but Imma try it.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Me too! What is it about chickens? Everyone thinks I have lost my mind when I talk about my chickens...or my new chicks arriving soon...or my new incubator...etc. At work they were taking bets on whether or not I could keep from saying the word "chicken" for one whole week. I lasted two full hours!

Maybe this is why I became a 4-H leader? I have to resort to talking to smart, sassy, chicken-crazy-middle school girls about chickens. I have a couple of chicken crazy boys too but the girls are the talkative ones. I do try not to be overly enthusiastic when the parents aren't as on-board. I do not want to contribute to the chicken addiction of children.

Quote:

Maybe this is why I became a 4-H leader? I have to resort to talking to smart, sassy, chicken-crazy-middle school girls about chickens. I have a couple of chicken crazy boys too but the girls are the talkative ones. I do try not to be overly enthusiastic when the parents aren't as on-board. I do not want to contribute to the chicken addiction of children.

hmm.png
LUCKY!!! I have all boys, just one girl, and she doesn't hardly speak at all!!
th.gif
Luckily a couple of the moms have caught the chicken addiction bug!!
lol.png

Quote:
LOL
lau.gif

We got them from Wilco farm store they are a new breed of duel purpose bird they are said to be ready in 12 weeks.

We got ours on 4/17/2011 and they seem to be growing well but we are new at this and so I don't know how to judge that kind of thing yet.

I will try to get a scale and a camera and give you updates on there progress.

Quote:
LOL
lau.gif

We got them from Wilco farm store they are a new breed of duel purpose bird they are said to be ready in 12 weeks.

We got ours on 4/17/2011 and they seem to be growing well but we are new at this and so I don't know how to judge that kind of thing yet.

Cool. Never heard of it!
smile.png

Quote:

hmm.png
LUCKY!!! I have all boys, just one girl, and she doesn't hardly speak at all!!
th.gif
Luckily a couple of the moms have caught the chicken addiction bug!!
lol.png

I got all these gabby smarty-pants girls. The sad thing is they almost know more than me! But I guess that's pretty easy.

Quote:

Cool. Never heard of it!
smile.png

ok my daughter showed up with the camera

here is a Sagitta at almost 4 weeks

91499_crystals_camera_8gig_339.jpg

91499_crystals_camera_8gig_336.jpg

Last edited:
Cloverleaf farm, is there a list somewhere, of Oregon or WA chicken breeders? and or the BYCers that advertise hatching eggs etc.? I would like to look as close to home as possible for my next chickens or hatching eggs.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
I will be looking for Speckled Sussex and or Bantam Cochins

Back
Top Bottom