Oregon

yey for sun!!!!!
wee.gif

My 5 week old babies will be outside ALL weekend finally!
cool.png
Right now I feel sorry for them being cooped up in their brooder so I let them run around my out building while it's cold and rainy outside and they poop all over the place. I wish I could train them to jump back into their brooder when they have the urge. I have two pet rabbits that stare at them as they're sitting in their litter box and those chicks are running around the room like three crazy kids on a sugar high!
lol.png

archmichelle... I found a solution to teaching my chicks to jump back in the brooder: I cut a hole in the side! They were tentative at first, but soon they were all outside the brooder and I didn't have the slightest bit of trouble with them knowing how to get back inside. I made the hole so that I could easily slide a cover over it to close them in when needed.

They were 3 or 4 weeks old, if I remember correctly.

<edited to say>

Yay for sun! It finally feels like spring here. So when do we get summer?

Last edited:
Hi everybody in Oregon. I'm down here in Roseburg (Tenmile actually). No fertile eggs here...roos not allowed by my next-door neighbors the namby pambies. I am looking for a source for black-copper marans. I got chicks from a woman who lived in Bend, but I've since lost her name and her number. Anybody know her? She was a 4-H leader in chickens when I last saw her. I can't even find her website anymore (can't remember it and I'm working with a new puter (old one crashed). I originally found her on the American Marans site, but they don't have her listed as a hatchery anymore.

Edited to let you know I've found who I was looking for at Marke Exotics in Bend. I've emailed and now am waiting to hear if they still have what I want.

By the by, Friday the 13th was the first sunny (albeit still windy) day we've had here in nearly 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone:
East of Sutherlin here between Roseburg and Eugene. I have dogs, cat, rabbits, hens, roosters, and fish. I've had chickens now for about 4 years and it's quite a mix of breeds. I'm also very much into gardening. I am glad I found this board and looking forward to reading the posts.

Back
Top Bottom