Oregon

Quote:
Hermione is super pretty, but she is an EE. Is she already part of a poultry 4H group? We have a group that meets between Canby and Beavercreek....
smile.png

87222_260447_1757097530854_1341465742_31601313_6504414_n.jpg

Thank you Clover for the info
as you can see Hermione is pretty tame... Doodle is pretty good with the ladies..for a 2 year old..
we would have to know more about how sedate the chickens are expected to be..Goldy loaf no way, Henny Penny yes and Lacey (pictured below) yes
87222_fi_and_lacey.jpg

Quote:
Great pics!!!
smile.png
The birds have to be able to stand on the table without major restraint, and for the kids to be able to lift them and flip them up to show their undersides, and not decide to just fly off the table at random...that's most of it...you'll see at next month's meeting.
smile.png
Also, you would want a bird that the child can hold comfortably for sometimes an extended period of time.

At Cloverleaf

OMG Leionaides is gorgeous!! and he has a great name too!!

I read more about the araucauna vs the americauna and the mutant EE... thank you we stand more educated.. can't wait to see your boys poster.....I loved the poster part..did one on siamese markings..took forever and I only got 3rd place bc the writing was too small:(
We love our mutant EE.. ~ too weird to live too rare to die~ H.S.Thomson and yes Hermione is a very pretty bird..she has a peach overtone on her wings and she is soo softy..
speaking of which can you use volcano dust and sand for a dusting mix??

So yes to the 4-h offer we will see you next meeting July 12?
So when the show the birds I am assuming that their wings cannot be clipped right? I would image that the judges would want to see full plummage.
also is there a 4- h poultry guideline book online?

thank you for everything
the girls of
Mwchickens
here is our coop d'lux enjoy

87222_249296_1746451624713_1341465742_31586250_4788817_n.jpg

Ready to add ducks to my collection. Anyone have any adults to rehome (free or not)? I'm in Damascus with a beautiful chicken coop and run which has enough room to accomodate a couple of ducks and whatever they would need. Thanks!
Carol

We are in Portland and re-homing our very nice quality silkie rooster. He is gray and 1 year old. He is a sweetheart and likes to be cuddled, though he is not above acting like a rooster to "strange shoes". We are in a bit of a bind and need to re-home him ASAP. Willing to deliver to Portland/Vancouver area (w/in 50 miles) or to the South coast area over next weekend.

53573_la_fonda1.jpg

Ready to add ducks to my collection. Anyone have any adults to rehome (free or not)? I'm in Damascus with a beautiful chicken coop and run which has enough room to accomodate a couple of ducks and whatever they would need. Thanks!
Carol

The Audubon society of Portland is looking for homes for domestic ducks and geese
I found an article in the warbler paper.
contact Deb Sheaffer @ [email protected]

They are a bit over run with ducks and geese that were released into the wild inappropriatley by owners who no longer wanted to care for an adult duck..
hope this helps!

MW Chickens:D

Back
Top Bottom