Oregon

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Glad your here. I really like Sutherlin. I think it's the prettiest in the spring/fall. We drive past it on our way to Medford a lot. Inlaws have land down there.

Anyone want a BO roo?

I have an 18 week old Buff Orpington rooster that I need to find a new home for. I'm in Milwaukie, OR, and if there is anyone close enough that would like a beautiful roo to add to their flock, he could be yours. I have raised him from a few days old chick (he's my avatar) and he has been nothing, but a delight. Unfortunately though, he is also frequently loud and since I live in a residential area I fear he may start disturbing my neighbors, if he isn't already. I have tried every possible scenario to limit the noise, but the only thing that works is putting him in a pet carrier every night and bringing him inside. I got chickens thinking they would be pretty low maintenance, but having a roo has completely changed that idea. I wish I could keep him, but I guess he doesn't feel the same way:(
I thought I would post here first before going to the Buy, Sell, Trade board. I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow. Feel free to PM me if you are interested and I will give you more information about him.

edited to add
DSC_0001_1.jpg
Boris in motion

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002_1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Isn't he gorgeous?

Last edited:
He is BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!! I love the BO's. I have a couple of 12 weekers.....my Roo has finally been getting his comb and wattles. I think they are the MOST beautiful chickens. I would take him.... I only have 5 hens and 1 roo.... probably not a big enough flock for 2 Roo's though!
sad.png

Quote:
Hi blurose (and skyebleu as well) - we're neighbours! I'm to the west of Roseburg, out towards Melrose. Nice to see some other Umpqua Valley-ites here. Apropos neighbours and roosters, when I got my chicks at the end of February both of my closest neighbours asked if I was planning on getting a rooster. When I said no, I didn't think so - I've only got room for 6 - I'd kind of like to get more eggs - they both looked crestfallen - Aww, it would be nice to hear a rooster again........ So, OK, now I have 5 pullets, and a cockerel
lol.png
- and the neighbours are happy - and so are we. Isn't he a handsome boy?

2245_050.jpg

Anyone know of a local (Portland / Salem?) chicken processing place...? ..... Is there somewhere you can take them to have it all done? I cant do it !!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Someone is giving me a couple more hens and she has 8 Roos to give away!!!! Thought I would take a couple to make into dinner! They are young White Leghorns....not sure how good they will be never done this before....
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom