Oregon

Hi, new to list and forums.
In Eugene Oregon.

16 chickens; 8 Jerseys, rhode island red, 2 wynadottes, 1 black star, 1 maran, 1 barred, 1 easteregger, 1 buff orphington.

And help me still looking......

Feeding chickens at a beautiful sunrise this morning!!!!!!

82816_sunrise_9_21_11_032.jpg

Quote:
Thankfully, reintegration went perfectly! We brought the little chick out at night when momma and babies we're settled in. I set her down by momma, and she ran back to me (surrogate momma!), but then Weezy (momma) started doing her broody momma, "cluck-cluck-cluck come here you" and the little chick headed right back to her and she tucked it under her wing. I checked in a few times before I went to bed to make sure she didn't kick the chick back out, and she didn't. And then when I went out there at dawn to make sure nobody was pecking at her toe, you wouldn't even know she'd been in sick bay save for the trace residue of Blu-Kote on her left foot. Everyone was scratching around, doing their chicken thang. YAY!

Quote:
Thankfully, reintegration went perfectly! We brought the little chick out at night when momma and babies we're settled in. I set her down by momma, and she ran back to me (surrogate momma!), but then Weezy (momma) started doing her broody momma, "cluck-cluck-cluck come here you" and the little chick headed right back to her and she tucked it under her wing. I checked in a few times before I went to bed to make sure she didn't kick the chick back out, and she didn't. And then when I went out there at dawn to make sure nobody was pecking at her toe, you wouldn't even know she'd been in sick bay save for the trace residue of Blu-Kote on her left foot. Everyone was scratching around, doing their chicken thang. YAY!

woot.gif
That's awesome!!! Yay for good broody mamas!!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom