Oregon

Quote:
I don't have an answer for you, because the soil where I live doesn't grow anything but weeds, and I don't have the patience, or care enough, to amend the soil. BUT
welcome-byc.gif

lol.png

LOL Thats how it is here too. I grow the biggest weeds in the whole neighborhood.

Quote:
I don't have an answer for you, because the soil where I live doesn't grow anything but weeds, and I don't have the patience, or care enough, to amend the soil. BUT
welcome-byc.gif

lol.png

LOL Thats how it is here too. I grow the biggest weeds in the whole neighborhood.

I know, right?!? I think we should be able to enter our gi-hugic weeds at the county fair!
gig.gif

Quote:

I know, right?!? I think we should be able to enter our gi-hugic weeds at the county fair!
gig.gif

I agree. I had one this summer that looked like an artichoke plant on steroids and we stayed as far away from it because I was sure it was going to eat one of us.
lau.gif

I am in Hugo, which I'm not sure you can even classify as a town. There is an exit off I-5 for it, but our mailing address is actually Grants Pass. When we moved here, the acreage came with 2 chickens. I had never had chickens before, but got used to fresh eggs and decided to increase the flock. To make a long story short, we now have over 35 chickens & roosters. Plus I started raising ring-neck pheasants, and currently have 9 adults and 20 chicks, with 50+ eggs in the incubator, cause the pheasant hens wouldn't quit laying and I couldn't just throw them out could I!
hu.gif
Along with this we have 4 horses, 3 (large) dogs, 2 cats and a teenaged son. Must say, having fun and love Oregon!!!

Hello everyone....so bein in the Eugene area I'm. Trying to figure out how to get into show around here. I heard of the one in Wa but am I too late? I don't even know where to start or what to do! Any help would be great!

Quote:
Yes, it's too late to enter birds for the Stevenson show, BUT it would be a really great idea to go to the show if you can for the day on Saturday. There will be A LOT to see / do / people to talk to. It will give you a really good idea of what to expect in the future. The PNPA puts these shows on twice a year, the third weekends in April and October. www.pacificnorthwestpoultry.org

There aren't shows in Oregon aside from county and state fairs anymore. The Oregon Ag Dept makes it really difficult for people to put on poultry shows due to their requirements, so nobody does it anymore. It's just easier to drive across the border into WA. Also check out the Washington Feather Fanciers website (don't know if off the top of my head, but you can google it). They do shows in Chehalis and Monroe, December and March. Their shows aren't nearly as big (or as fun, if you ask me) as the PNPA shows, and they are just one-day shows, but at least it's something!
wink.png

For all of you new peeps first let me say
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
From yer naybour on the other side of the big creek. Also I would have to agree with Cloverleaf that if you think you may like to show go check one out. Stevenson this Saturday would be the place to be. It would also give ya a chance to meet a few BYC peeps. I (Iron Imagery) will be set up somewhere in the exhibit hall with my metal art feel free to stop by and say hi.

Back
Top Bottom