Oregon

Quote:
No kidding! Daffy is awesome!!!
thumbsup.gif
I fell in love the moment she decided she needed to stand on my foot!!
gig.gif
love.gif

Ya sorry about that! Heaven forbid "Her Spoiled Highness" have to stand on the awful ground for too long! She does like to stand on your feet and put her head between your legs when she gets tired. What a big baby huh?!
tongue.png

Oh, she's a DOLL!!!!
love.gif

I am in Portland in the NE side of town

I am looking for Polish for my wife and it was suggested I post it here

My wife wants a bird and of course leave it to a women (sorry ladies) to wants a chicken that is the most difficult to sex.

So what do you guys do about the Roo's?

I know its about a 50% chance of Roo's. So If I order 5 will I have to get rid of 2 or 3 after getting attached to them in 3 months the lady said!!!

How to order juveniles maybe 8 weeks plus. So who will sell me a few Polish that are a more mature bird they have sexed?

Who does that for you?

Anyone have 3 Polish they would sell my wife after loosing our entire flock but 1 after the attack this week!!!

Any ideas to get 3 or 4 Polish? I told her we cant buy 1 they will be alone besides they come in 3's or 4's hide

She wanted a Silver for sure and I love the Buff and the pure white and all black one's.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks for looking

Quote:
I have a buff laced polish girl who is 5 months old that I would be willing to part with to a good home. But I don't have any other females available right now. However, there is a big poultry swap this Saturday in Corvallis if you can make it down where you may be able to find more polish pullets. Otherwise, you can try going through a hatchery that vent sexes chicks and then your odds will be only 10% of getting a rooster. It would leave you with less roosters to rehome later. Check out the swap thread here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6237706#p6237706 because even if you can't make it down someone on the thread may be able to arrange a sale with you. Lots of people on the thread right now buying, selling and trading birds. Good luck. Polish are my number one favorite breed.

BB my bride of 30 years in January is going to be very happy. I just got off the phone with the lady from Meyers Hatchery and said that they offer sexed Polish chicks a day old and are 90% guaranteed to be right on. If you get a Roo they will refund but, that's hard to do with your heart after a month or so believe me the money $5.00 means nothing. I know after the attack this week with 5 of our precious girls killed its heart breaking, so even roo's can break your heart if losing them too.

Well I order a Silver lace, White on White lace and BlackBlue with white for her. No notice, no idea and she will ask me whats up going down stairs so much bc Its hard for me going up and down the stairs.
ya.gif
clap.gif
.... I am exhausted looking Thank you Meyers and a very nice lady smile.

Now regarding the Corvallis Swaps I may be there. In a walker but may go with wife and grand baby in tow. Thanks for the invite. Steve

Last edited:
Quote:
Are you taking this bird to Stevenson?? If so I will be looking for it. In fact you could mark it RUSTLED !!!
hide.gif
I WILL be bringing him home.

LOL He's really something isn't he? No, he isn't coming to Stevenson, BUT I will be looking for a home for him probably come spring time.....
wink.png

Here's the other cool thing (albeit sometimes frustrating thing) about salmon males...they change SO much from hatch to fully mature, here is the progression of that particular bird.....

Roughly 8 weeks old:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_k7a25e4c6b01a8_1000021.jpg

About 4-5 months old:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_fudge1.jpeg

About 9 months old:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_006.jpg

He is precisely why I tell people not to make final judgements on their roos coloring until at LEAST 8 months if they can possibly help it.

The unfortunate thing about this boy is that he's quite a bit smaller than the alpha roo in his coop, I'd say at least 3 pounds smaller...
sad.png

I wish these birds did not have feathered feet.

OK, where is 'birdsnbeasts' ???
I have captured the 3 peafowl in a shed, and she needs to come get them ASAP!!!!!!!!!
Birdsnbeasts PM'd me that she wanted them....so where is she???

Quote:
CL I don't think that I have noticed that name on here but the big Swap is going on in Corvallis today and that thread is much more active that this one. Good Luck
You could track him down and GIVE
big_smile.png
them back to him or the humane society.

Last edited:
Ok, had a blast today at the swap but feeling hatching need. Wanted a dozen marans or BLWD eggs but I'm always a little off season, lol. Anyone have any really dark blue marans eggs for hatching they are selling? If so PM me with price, location, etc. Doesn't have to me show quality as it's mostly because my family in friends are in looove with the dark eggs for eating and I need a few more hens.
big_smile.png
And the roos grow to nice size
tongue.png

Thanks y'all

Newbie dropping in from Corvallis!

Went to the swap today (my first) with my mother in law and had a great time! It was really nice to meet such wonderful people and their lovely birds!

Anyways, just wanted to say hi!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom