Oregon

Quote:
Nope, super easy with webs.com
wink.png

Shee's foolin ya ! ! ! !

Hey y'all! Look what I found in my nest box today! Somebody laid her first egg!
big_smile.png
Had to have been one of the Buff's or Sex-Links as it's brown.

113991_my_first_egg.jpg

woot.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

And during the Winter, no less! I'm so proud! Ha ha!

Quote:
I just recently bought a quality Welsummer roo to breed to my hens to have some up and coming replacements (My hens are over two years old now). The hens were bred by a lady in Estacada. I am not sure her name but I think she organizes the poultry show in Stevenson, maybe someone else knows her. I believe her and her sister are long time breeders of Wellies. My six girls are pretty nice. They all lay lovely dark speckled eggs. If you would be interested in some hatching eggs or possibly chicks let me know in a PM. The three nicest are going into the breeder pen with the roo next week and the other three are going in with my Lav. Ameraucana in hopes of some Olive Eggers. With this being my first breeding I have no idea if the chicks will end up being quality or not................ I would be happy to send you some pics of the parents.

After 2 years of culling BCM, I have a pair I believe quality enough to breed. They are also going in the breeder pen next week. There seems to be so many genetic hidden issues in the BCM I feel like the breeding is kind of a crapshoot. Good thing this is a hobby!! I have gotten chicks/eggs from many different sources as far away as New York. This is truly a breed in progress.

Good luck and hopefully someone else will have some names/ideas for you.

Back
Top Bottom