Oregon

That's exactly how I think about them, great moms sure, but only if they are smart enough to live long enough to become mommas ;)
I've had one Silkie; she was the lowest chicken on the totem pole, obviously not the brightest crayon in the box. She proved my point the day a hawk tried to nab one of the hens, instead of listening to my roosters the silly little thing practically fainted in the middle of the lawn :barnie I thought for sure that she was the one the hawk had attacked but as soon as I got over to her she got up and wattled away :smack
I re-homed her to a safer home so she might have a better chance at surviving :p
I want a broody momma, but I'll try out a Banty Cochin before I even look at a Silkie again!
This is the little troublesome Yeti :p

She's adorable! I would love to have her.

Hi All,

I am in Salem
welcome-byc.gif

In the defense of the Silkies, they are fairly naive at times, but that may have a bit to do with the fact that they can't see too well.

Or maybe i'm just givig them too much credit.
wink.png

I have some free chicks for enrolled 4-H kids. I have 2 bantam buff Brahmas that are a few weeks old, there are bantam single combed Rhode Island Red chicks hatching today, and I have some AOV bantam Faverolles that are 1-3 weeks old. Let me know if you're interested!
smile.png
Just an FYI - the Brahma chicks are gone, but I still have 8 bantam single combed Rhode Island Red chicks for FREE to any enrolled 4-H kid!! As well as a few of the AOV Faverolles. ;)

We are in Toledo, Oregon. Just a mere 7 miles from the beautiful Oregon Coast. We have 25 hens and four roosters...everything from Silkie and Sebright to my favorite the always personable Speckled Sussex.

I have a pair of bantam Ameraucanas available if anyone is interested. Wanted to post them here first before they went on CL. They are a year old. Black cock and blue hen. The cock won Reserve Champion AOCCL at the Stevenson show last October.....

I don't have any really good pics of the hen right now, but here she is as a youngster....

I've gotten some really gorgeous babies out of these birds!! $40 for the pair.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Attend the second annual Capital City Chicken Coop Tour on July 21st! A fun event that's just $8 for the whole family! Proceeds fund Habitat for Hens (see our Events page). Tickets will go on sale at the locations listed on the flyer in June. This self-guided tour will feature 10 backyard coops within an 11-mile radius in Salem, OR.[/FONT]

Hey Oregonians! Come for the Capitol Coop Tour and then stop my house for a snack! 1365 Marshall Dr SE Salem Oregon.

2 new little fluffers hatched today out of eggs from Cloverleaf Farm!
One Blue bantam Favorelle with 5 toes, black skin and silver fluff!
One black/Splash Favorelle with 4 toes, pink skin and a fluffy face!

2 more to hatch.... a Banty Ameraucana and a D'Uccle/ Bantam Ameraucana mix! I cant wait to see them!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom