Oregon

Hi guys! All you Central OR peeps getting ready for fair? I've never looked at the chickens at fair, always did cattle...but now I will be going to the chicken barn to see all the different kinds.

Anyone in Central OR have silkies for sale? My neighbor has a lonely silkie. :-(

I managed to miss the closing date for entering the fair this year.

I drove by to pick up the premium list a couple of times and got there too late in the day. When I finally got to Les Schwab while they were open, I'd missed the deadline.

I sure hope I don't do the same for the APA show in Salem this fall. I've got it on my calender, but it's not like I didn't know when the fair would be and I still missed that.

Friday night I lost 2 people I knew, 1 of which was like a sister to me, in a motorcycle accident on cooper mountain.
I have a bunch of extra chicks/chickens I just can't deal with right now on top of everything else.....
I would like to offer them for sale for a steal of a price just to get the numbers down and get some relief. I have way to many right now and am just overwhelmed...... These are all worth way more then list price...... Huge discount to 4h kids!

They are not from hatchery birds! The parents are all show and breeding quality stock who do very well in the eastern states.

What I have is:
3 weeks old $5 each
All are LF and are strait run but I have sold most I "think" are the males. Its still possible I missed one or two in the bunch.....
2 Barred Rock
1 Splash Jersey Giantspending
3 Black Jersey Giantspending
2 blue Jersey Giantpending
3 Black TRUE Ameraucanas

2 RARE Gold laced Brahmas $20 each

8 weeks old $15 each pending
Showgirl Silkies while, partridge and splash

2 Silkie roosters $10 each or fee if you buy anything else!
1 is really nice BQ splash, is almost 2yrs old, he has a correct comb but his comb is a little bit to red and he got into a fight with my rabbit and lost a toe nail... long story....
1 is a really nice white boy, 1 year old who is great with the girls and amazing with chicks. Could be shown but he is moulting right now so isn't 100%.

I would like to rehome them this week as I have 2 funerals coming up this weekend then I am getting married the following weekend.

Last edited:
So sorry 2Hot2Chicken!!!

Chicken help/answers - soooo I have a tiny banty with 2 x 4 week old blue/splash marans. I have 2 hens (both hogged the nest after I set one) hatching out some more blue/splash marans tonight. If I mix these hens is that just disaster and chick stealing??? I am running out of space and would like to mix at least two of them in a 8x4 run on a 3x2 house.
Any advice welcome. CLEARLY I planned well for this, lol

Cloverleaf, He is still limping bad and we moved him today into a dirfernt area because we had him in the coop in a small plastic box but other chickens started picking on him!! So he is limping bad but he is eating and drinking. I have to keep a good eye on him because he knocks over his water alot trying to stand up and he always falls.
I was wondering if he isnt doing any better by this weekend would it be ok if I brought him over??? Its ok if not, I just want u too look at him and see what is wrong.

Cloverleaf, He is still limping bad and we moved him today into a dirfernt area because we had him in the coop in a small plastic box but other chickens started picking on him!! So he is limping bad but he is eating and drinking. I have to keep a good eye on him because he knocks over his water alot trying to stand up and he always falls.
I was wondering if he isnt doing any better by this weekend would it be ok if I brought him over??? Its ok if not, I just want u too look at him and see what is wrong.
I would, but I'm not available this weekend, I'd say with no improvement so far, you should take him to the Avian Medical Center in Lake Oswego. There really isn't anything I would be able to do for him anyway, without having meds available to me at home....

Good luck with him!!

Back
Top Bottom