Oregon

Zanna, these are a couple of the ones I got from you...I think anyway.

Not a great picture, but this is the pullet that I'm liking...
Thanks! Yes that looks like them........ I had several that were barred and a few that were all black. Don't have my orps anymore so won't be making that cross again, mostly focussing on the Dels, BCM and Wellsummers. I appreciate the pics!

I am here in Prineville also. Are you still active in BYC? I have done the 4-H thing also when my kids were younger, but we were in sheep and pygmy goats! I am going through BYC to find people close to talk 'turkey' ha ha ha.

I want a Welsummer or 5, lol. I especially want a rooster, they are lovely. Is there temperament as nice as I have heard?
I really like mine! Originally got them because they are dual-purpose and I wanted the large,dark brown, speckled eggs. My originals were from a private breeder, not hatchery stock and they have a nice, quiet demeanor. Not in your lap chickens, just go about their own business although I do not handle my chickens much as I want them to be predator savy. When I lock hens in the breeder pens (normally everyone is free-ranged) they keep laying and stay really calm, don't rush at the door everytime I try to get in. They are my 2nd favorite breed (Delawares are my first!).

Maybe they all went to Puyallup for the fair!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Sheila :)

Back
Top Bottom