Oreo cookie truffles!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Overeasyplz, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Ok, a lot can be said about Oreos, including how bad they are for your bottom, but hear me out, I can make them even more worse and addictive for ya [​IMG] My co-worker is the gal to blame for this, not me!

Ingredient list:
    I bag Oreo Double Stuf cookies
    1 8 oz. bar cream cheese, room temperature
    10-12 oz Chocolate candy coating OR white almond bark. I think they are the same thing only one is chocolate flavored. I might have used more, buy a pound just to be sure. If you have leftovers be sure to dunk bananas in it, nummy!

That's it! 3 ingredients! Here is what you do with them.

Crush the whole bag of Oreos fairly small. I put them in a mixing bowl and used a meat tenderizing hammer. Them take a wooden spoon and mix in the cream cheese. After it is thoroughly mixed, use clean hands and make walnut sized balls. Chill them while you melt the candy coating in a double-boiler(do not microwave). Put a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet.

Using two forks, lift each ball and dunk in the melted candy, then place on the wax paper. It solidifies quickly. Eat a few to be sure they are fit for consumption. Store in fridge if any are left after you try them [​IMG]
    I took a picture of the last batch I made, let me go find it and upload it for you all!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    These are delicious. [​IMG] My brother's friend's mom made some, their addicting!

3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    [​IMG]
    yes they are so good. I have to walk away from them, just like my co-worker said! Or I'd keep munching.
    Please don't look to closely at my dirty stove [​IMG]

4. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Wait a second here..... that's my stove, and my sheet pan and my pots..... Where's the cat hair? Did you come over and clean my kitchen and not leave me any truffles???? [​IMG]

OMG those look good. have 2 lbs of almond bark here waiting for an excuse to use it!!

5. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Darnit!

Now I want to eat them all up!! Thanks a LOT. [​IMG]

Naw, I'm being silly. They sure do look good though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  6. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I've had these [​IMG] They are absolutely delicious!

7. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    OMG...I can feel by butt widening just by reading the ingredients!!! [​IMG] YUM-O!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by