Organic Chicken Feed at wholesale prices in Phoenix, AZ Arizona area

Can you get organic starter? The only 50lb bags of starter I can find at my feed stores are full of soy.
Also, do you know where the feed ingredients are grown. Is this all made in the USA?

I'm a newbie. We just acquired our chicks this week and are in the process of finalizing our coop plans. I would very much like to order the layer feed, alfalfa pellets, flax & wheat once the chicks are older. My question is, if we have 8 chickens how long would a 50 lb bag normally last with them if they're the standard laying breeds?

Hey there,

I am in Tucson, AZ. I just got my 8 chicks a few weeks ago (I am guessing they are 5.5 weeks old). I have only bought food for them twice. I got a small bag of Nutrena Chick Starter when they came home and I just bought them a 50 lb bag of Nutrena Chick Starter last week for about $22.

I'd love to feed them organic. Driving up to Chandler would definitely add some cost to the feed for me.

Any information on a more local source for feed... also, am I getting ripped off for chicken feed?

Thanks.

I'm a newbie. We just acquired our chicks this week and are in the process of finalizing our coop plans. I would very much like to order the layer feed, alfalfa pellets, flax & wheat once the chicks are older. My question is, if we have 8 chickens how long would a 50 lb bag normally last with them if they're the standard laying breeds?
For adults I figure one 50# bag will last roughly a month for 5-6 layers like production reds. If you have heavier dual purpose breeds then figure a bit more.

Feeding out about 35-40 chicks of differing ages right now, from 4-10 weeks old I am feeding about 50# a week.

I feed mine as fermented so there is no waste of the fines.

ETA: I feed the broiler chick starter, 20% and the 17% layer with fish meal from the Phoenix co-op. My birds love it and once when I miscalculated and had to buy their old conventional feed they wouldn't hardly touch it. They love the organic feed

Last edited:
Hi

Just letting you know that your feed calculator for Broiler or Meat Flock gets a file format or file extension is not available when you try to open it in Excel, the other one works fine.

Back
Top Bottom