Organic feed source in Arkansas???

Jarhead

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Arkansas
I posted this in the Where I am forum, but thought I would ask here since this get's more traffic.

Anybody know where to get organic feed in Arkansas? I am not having any luck around here. I am in the Little Rock area, but I am willing to drive a little if I need to.

Thanks!

Only place I could find was in Huntsville.

Organic Essentials: Total Farm Solutions LLC
Huntsville, AR 72740
Tel: 479-738-5145
Email: [email protected]
- Certified organic feedmill - feed for poultry, small ruminants, swine, dairy, beef and custom blends.

might call them and see if there is a distributor in the Little Rock area.

Jarhead -

Have you tried asking around at the Farmer's Market there in LR?? It's the biggest one I know of, and I'm sure that even if no-one's selling eggs or chickens, that someone there is keeping chickens, and probably would know a source for you.

Kathy

Great idea!

Most people in the know are aware of it, but the LR farmer's market has gotten some flack, it is not really a true farmer's market. At the LR farmer's market most people are selling veggies they get from wholesalers not stuff they grow. I have never seen eggs there. At the certified organic market in NLR (much smaller) all the stuff is locally grown, and there are organic eggs there, but the folks who sell them travel here from NW ark. I will check with them this weekend. Maybe they will be nice enough to bring me some for some $.

Just FYI, the Organic feed mill in Huntsville went out of business
sad.png

I asked the guy that sells eggs, he said he now has to mix his own feed. He buys whole grains and legumes, grinds them himself and adds supplements. He said the only way he can get pre-made organic feed is to ship it in from out of state, which makes the feed way too much $$$. I checked with several sources and shipping is like $40 per 50lb bag of feed to me. Guess I will buy Leyena, it's as close as it get's here.

Back
Top Bottom