Organic feed

wildspiritedelz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 27, 2013
Gloucestershire, uk
Hi ladies n gents!

I'm new to keeping chickens and I live in the UK. Also want my girls to be on an organic foods only diet. Does anybody else here feed organic? If so, which feed would you recommend? There's a few to choose from and I don't know which feed is good!

Thank you!

Hi ladies n gents!

I'm new to keeping chickens and I live in the UK. Also want my girls to be on an organic foods only diet. Does anybody else here feed organic? If so, which feed would you recommend? There's a few to choose from and I don't know which feed is good!

Thank you!

Here's an example of the ingredients I prefer in a laying flock:

Ingredients :Organic corn, organic soybean meal, organic wheat, limestone, organic sun-dried alfalfa, organic flaxseed, Redmond conditioner (clay), organic wheat millrun, organic kelp meal, monocalcium phosphate, Redmond salt, DL Methionine, poultry vitamin & mineral premix, organic garlic granules, organic horseradish powder, organic star anise oil, organic juniper berry oil
Guaranteed analysis: Crude protein min 17%, crude fat 3.4%, crude fiber max 4.8%, ash max 17.8%

I'm in the USA, so I don't know what is available in your area.

You're welcome. I'm not sold on the idea of "soy-free" feeds either. I have yet to see a soy-free ration that doesn't use canola meal or excessive wheat as a replacement for soy. Plant proteins are acceptable to birds in their diet, but animal proteins are superior and believe they should have access to them. Buttermilk and fish are a few additions of animal protein I give my birds.

Back
Top Bottom