Organic feeding

JennT

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 14, 2013
For those who order or otherwise purchase organic feed, where do you like to go? Right now I order from Peaceful Valley because I order my seeds and plants from there. I am looking for a backup in case they are ever out or backordered. I know I can make my own, and I plan to, but I also want to keep pellets on hand.
Thanks!

I'm not sure where you are....I am in Ontario and we buy from Homestead Organics. Their feed is wonderful, has kelp meal and probiotics in it too. We can't get pelleted certified feed in ON, so its a mash. The birds love it.

I am in Pennsylvania. I will check them out. Thanks! It looks as if for organic pellets I HAVE to order. I am not quite ready to make my own yet, as they are growing fast, but not outside free ranging yet.

I am in Pennsylvania. I will check them out. Thanks! It looks as if for organic pellets I HAVE to order. I am not quite ready to make my own yet, as they are growing fast, but not outside free ranging yet.
Depends on where you are in PA. Nature's Best Organics is out of Kreamer, PA & is distributed to feed stores pretty widely nationwide. In Lancaster County you have McGeary Organics. In Atglen Chester County you have Oragnics Unlimited, they have a few distributors, but only one in PA, I think. I believe Gettysburg Agway carries Green Mountain Feed. If you are near SE PA there is a farmer in Oley that sells transitional Organic, both soy free and soy. His is only mash. The name is Panorama Natural Feed or it may actually be Panorama Organics now. Both McGeary & Organic Unlimited have soy free & soy also. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom