Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Gresh, Sep 2, 2011.

1. supaflyz

supaflyz Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2012
    Ga noi. I've been feeding them shrimp heads and fish guts. They really love the shrimp heads. I figure since my uncle doesn't want it he just save the stuff and give it to me so I could feed the chickens.

2. SD_Paulo

SD_Paulo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    SOCAL

Good looking hens.

The seafood leftovers are good sources of protein for your fowl. I know some folks that raise minnows specifically for their fowl.

I would caution that to much protein might not be good for the birds....except for during the molt of course.

3. ranchruler@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    I do 30lbs of pigeon feed to 25lbs of catfish pellets to 45 lbs of cracked corn wich comes out to around 17% I got that mix from someone on BYC

4. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures to keep this thread active. Current photos of some of my birds- One year old Ko Shamo, and 16 week old Thai pullets. Enjoy! [​IMG]

5. BennieLangdon

BennieLangdon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Four Oaks, NC
    My Coop
    very nice.....wanta send me some eggs of em when they start layin[​IMG]

6. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    A very nice Brazilian hen owned by a good friend. One of my all time favorite[​IMG] Brazilians.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  7. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    Nice looking hen, GotGame. It's personal preference but some birds just catch my eye. I try to jump in and comment but usually someone else beats me too and can express it better than I can.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  8. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I've been trying to photo my Ga Dong X Thai chick but he won't sit still for a second. By the time I pick up my camera, he's on the run or else sitting down. I'll figure out something tomorrow. You won't see anything quite like it in the US.

9. ranchruler@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    if you have any of the following black O-Shamo stag or a barred OShamo stag or a white OShamo pullet PLEASE PM ME!!! I need one of these before June 15

10. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    She is very stunning and eye catching, I'd love to have a few hens her color

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by