Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Thax... Yea I love his structure!
I've been breeding them for only 4 years and I'm now getting the look I like. I live in a secluded area of Norther California (way North!) and it was hard to find birds like I want. Also the birds I found here are very skittish like Pheasants or some wild bird and that really bugged me. Now my birds are starting to look and act just like I want. I love to have my birds walk up to me, dance for me and let me pick them up. They're cooler than dogs

My Atkinson Aseel blend. Stags

4.5lbs

4.75lbs

5.85lbs

Indu (Indian Reza) Asil Stag

5.25lbs

JB Black Asil, California lines

4.75lbs.

Rajah Murgh

6.25lbs

Maha-Rajah Asil Cock

6.5lbs

I've been breeding them for only 4 years and I'm now getting the look I like. I live in a secluded area of Norther California (way North!) and it was hard to find birds like I want. Also the birds I found here are very skittish like Pheasants or some wild bird and that really bugged me. Now my birds are starting to look and act just like I want. I love to have my birds walk up to me, dance for me and let me pick them up. They're cooler than dogs

there are people raising Orientals in your area.

Walt

Quote:
I am not sure of what you Want, but so many great Thai came from North Cali, around Redding and up.

Quote: I'm not trying to do anything too serious w my birds, just to personally enjoy the entertainment they bring.
First I wanted birds that don't run to farthest end of the yard when they see me. Before I got any Gamefowl I research them a lot and read they should be very social and calm birds. I have some very human social birds now. I know most into Gamefowl call birds garbage for a different reason but if the bird isn't comfortable around me it ruins my experience. They are not just money making machines to me.
I went to Redding (3 hours East from me) and picked a huge 'Shamo' that was not pure at all. It was really big but didn't have proper Shamo body and tail like American Games. I got it cause it was real big, 12#. He look like a real big American / Oriental cross. You can't see any more traces of his tail or body in my birds now.

Last edited:
very nice pics paulo
i would think there would be numerous orientals in cali
asil hen sitting some eggs;

a young stag grade cubasilthai

cubasilthai pullet

more cubalayish grade pullet

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom