Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Yeah he is nice.

So what is everyone been up to? :frow

I have to build a new coop soon and add to the flock, I need to get some more chicks... thinking Cornish to ease into hardfeather birds, still drooling :drool over the Oriental Games in general. Probably should set this as a goal to have everything ready by next spring. I want to put a better baby box together for in the house.

My not game lab rat chickens have demonstrated something based on their flock dynamics compared to when I had a much larger flock in the past. 2 birds fight more, so I think adding 2 more birds will create a different dynamic... behaviors. In fact one was so injured and rough it was amazing she made it.

The two keep trying to hatch eggs, last round of let's hide our nest they chose a near fortress to prevent me getting at their eggs... darn smart girls, each time they decide to nest the nests have gotten harder and harder to get at! They know I am taking their eggs.

Hubby is still fighting the cancer, work is still exhausting but all in all things are okay. I hope all is well with you guys.
✌️

Hey Laura,
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your husband. I feel your pain on work. I am self employed and work more/harder than I did for corporate America.
Got a very late start hatching this year, so not pleased with that. But the birds are healthy. Was trying to make a silver necked/backed pumpkin, but that has not worked out so far.
Been eating mulberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, cucumbers & squash out of the garden/orchard. And eggs, of course!
Best regards,

Ganoi experts:
Does this bird look pure Ganoi? He is young and 6 pounds
ganoi.jpg
ganoi2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom