orp chick

They are gorgeous
love.gif
my black orp has still got a very light comb and this orp also still has a very light yellow comb no signs of going red at all
fl.gif

these are the pics i found the chick is identical to mine and then the other hen is when ist feathered out

identical chick to mine with the black stripe fown back
JubileeOrpChik.jpg

this is the jubilee orp older
juborp1.jpg

gorgeous would be so ace if it is
ya.gif
droolin.gif

Sure looks like yours. Wow what a gorgeous chicken. I love our orpingtons. They are so big and fluffy and sweet. Did you post this question in the what breed forum? Maybe ask a mod to move this there so you get more answers.

I just recently added Buff Orpingtons to my flock. I have RIRs, RIWs, Isa Browns and now BOs. They are very pretty.

cmom....did you get the Isa Browns by breeding RIR w/RIW? what will the charistics of the 2nd generation be...will they lay as well as parentage...will you continue to add to your flock from your own chickens? interesting !!

Quote:
No my Isa Browns are hatchery chicks. I did a couple of experimental breedings with RIR male and Del females and the female chicks look like the RIRs and the male chicks look like the Del. I have bred my RIR boys to my RIW girls but don't know exactly what I have yet as far a female and male chicks. Some chicks hatched out white and some look like the Isa Brown females. Only time will tell. I just renovated their coop and added more chicks I hatched. The chicks were all hatched a week apart. I would have to look at my hatching calendar to say how old they are. Just looked at my calendar. My RIR/RIW hatch dates were Oct 18th, 29th, Nov 2nd, 9th, 16th, 28th. I also hatched out some BOs. Oct 9th, 18th, Nov 9th, 17th, Dec 1st. I sold the RIR/RIW and RIR chicks from the earlier hatch dates as straight runs. The ages I have are 6 weeks to 3 weeks. The older chicks are RIR chicks. I think the white chicks are males and the brown and white chicks females but not entirely sure yet. I had some second generation Isa Browns and they came out all colors but still great layers. I sold them. I have to write everything down so I don't forget. Yes I do add to my flock from chicks I hatch. My RIWs and Isa Browns are all very good layers. My RIRs are ok layers. My RIRs average 5 eggs per week per bird. My RIWs and Isa Browns average 6 eggs per week per bird. My RIR/Del mix hasn't started laying yet. Well one may have just started laying. Don't know yet how well they will lay.

Back
Top Bottom