orphaned gosling*NEW PICTURES*

What a sweet story and the pictures are adorable. I have an emden gander who was hatched by a muscovy duck and he has grown up with ducks only. He'll be 4 May 22nd.

Henry continues to grow, but still needs me to snuggle. He wanders farther and farther away, pulling up grass. Soon as he realizes I am not close- he starts his 'peepin freakin' out' lol.
I can say, "Henryyyyyyy" and he comes running.

He still thinks Doodle is a big scary monster who is going to gobble him up (and he might) but soon, I suspect, he will be closer in size and will not be so intimidated.

I take him to work with me, and it breaks my heart to hear him peeping when I cannot go to him- whenever I get a break, he and I go outside together and I let him eat grass. There are a few hour periods where he only has his stuffed cat for company. He adjusts and takes a nap eventually.

I wish I could keep him this soft, snuggly size- where he will always fit on my lap.

I also wish he would stop his obsession with trying to eat my hair. :O

Don't let him eat your hair! LOL

Binka was a very bad girl today (yet I only have myself to blame) ... wish I could say I've had a jolly time in Candy Land like you today...
Haha

227664_170928436295478_100001349671501_375107_6853310_n.jpg

oh!!!!!! She is beautiful! But you let her grow!! And her snazzy diaper is fabulous! I wish I had a diaper for Henry- but I have no idea what size. It says to measure- by the time the diaper gets here, he will be bigger.

THE weather has totally messed up mine and Henry's routine and plan. It is POURING DOWN rain out there...this Mama Goose is NOT going out in it...I took him out on the deck (the roofed portion) to show him its pouring and he walked out into the middle of the rain and started doing that MOM MOM peeping.

I hope it doesnt rain all day.

I can't wait to see what breed he is. I was looking at different websites, and I think he looks like an African gosling. I am no expert, but I am having fun guessing. How sad if it is. That would mean that it was dumped
sad.png
but a happy ending.

smile.png

He has a cat bed in my passenger seat- this is where he rides with me. He snuggles right down, and pops his head up now and then to look out the window. Yesterday, I was waiting for my daughter to come out of drivers training- the parking lot is next to a field. Wild ducks were somewhat in the middle of the field. I took Henry out for grass (really, its ALL about the grass-always) and WOW! Did I ever get strange looks from other parents that were waiting.

Makes me wish my daughter was still in cheerleading.
lau.gif
Those mothers would flip.

I will get some pictures today. I had to charge my camera batteries.

In the van...
9221_goosevan.jpg

GRASS!
9221_goosetree2.jpg

Yep, this is a mess!
9221_goosemess.jpg

Last edited:
Thats just too cute.. yesterday I had to go to the feed store- So my daughter came with me so we could take our lone little gosling to show them. It sat between us on the front seat on a towel ( it must have pooped about ten times in as many minutes!! ) Your little goose looks so well behaved sitting there in the car- I couldnt take mine anywhere in the car like that. Mine lives with ducklings that it is fast outgrowing- but still prefers human company to that of the ducks.

He really is so precious- Glad he found you to take care of him. I hope he continues to behave in the car until he is grown- imagine the looks you could get from people seeing that!!!

He is SO behaved in the car- its like he knows that if he isn't, he wont get to go...and maybe we are going to find GRASS.

I just went out back to put up some fencing- and somehow- Mama Muscovy's babies were in the penned area where Tyra and Doodle are- but she couldnt get in. I opened the gates to let her come gather her children...and Daddy Drake and his female came in as well. As fast as I was crossing the yard to shoo them away, that female started grabbing at Tyra- so I threw the only thing I had in my hand at her...a paper bag of grass seed.

I shooed them out, am going to have tons of grass in one spot now, and all the while, Henry ran around with his neck stretched out- peeping off the intruders.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom