Orphaned quail baby

Okay so this evening I'm sitting out on my porch and I see this little baby. Teeny tiny little thing. He's just running around me. I looked around for any sight of parents or siblings and couldn't find any. It's now completely dark. I don't know what the odds are of reuniting it with its family. I was trying to read about what to do but I'm not really finding anything. Can anyone help me make sure the little guy doesn't die? I don't know what kind it is. I live in Arizona if that helps.

A baby quail found us last night. So cute and follows us like we are his parents I kept him in the house over night not knowing he was to stay in 100 degree in his brood. I will be at the tractor supply T 8 when they open hoping to get him some food. He seems very weak this morning I have given him water but he doesnt seem interested like he did last night when he first came to us. He is low energy today I am sure he is hungry... doesnt seem scared or stressed he loves being held... Please help with any advice on what to feed him..

Update: we now have two babies. We found a second one today. Very lethargic. We've been feeding him. He's started moving around a little more. But he's still really weak. Falls over a lot. The first baby is doing amazing. He gets excited when he hears our voice. Loves to be held. Thank you everyone for all the great advice. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

What are you feeding them? A tiny lil one found us. We want to help him live and grow up

A baby quail found us last night. So cute and follows us like we are his parents I kept him in the house over night not knowing he was to stay in 100 degree in his brood. I will be at the tractor supply T 8 when they open hoping to get him some food. He seems very weak this morning I have given him water but he doesnt seem interested like he did last night when he first came to us. He is low energy today I am sure he is hungry... doesnt seem scared or stressed he loves being held... Please help with any advice on what to feed him..

We got them eating egg soup (basically watered down egg) using a medicine syringe for the first few days. Once they got all their energy back, we started feeding them chick feed. Unfortunately, after doing some research, we found that the chick feed isn't good for them. But the egg soup made a HUGE difference. They got pretty strong and had loads of energy.

You can use game bird starter or turkey starter, and grind it in a (good) blender. If the protein content isn't high enough you can grind up dry cat food and mix it with the feed.

Back
Top Bottom