Orpington Fans !!! Lavender Cuckoo/mottled/blue mottled etc..

In EU they have a much more diverse genetic pool to pull from. One of these days I am going to hit the lottery and pull a chicken raid on Europe
D.gif

Last edited:
Count me in on that raid!!!! I have been looking for some of the different colored Orps, but haven't found any yet - I'm beginning to think that there just aren't any here at all yet. I think we should hijack a ship and go pick up a whole load of European birds to bring back!!!!

Nice site! I'll be working on lavender orpington soon. I'm so excited and can't wait to get started.
wee.gif
I was thinking about blue, but am more intrigued with the lavender.

Jody

Ooooooooooooooooooo LAVENDER !!!

So are you thinking this year, next year or farther down the road....lol

Julie... hey I wasn't the only one thinking it !!!
big_smile.png

Cyn - I could never forget you.
hugs.gif
I'm always thinking and working on something...just don't like to admit to anything until I know it's gonna happen. hehe

Jody

I have Black, White, Blue (Black laced Blue) and Lavender now. Anyone want the trade secret in getting Lavender? It's easy, just read up on the genetics of Blue.....

I'm such a tease!

That Buff laced with White chould just be a Buff/White cross. I know of other sites featuring Gold Laced such as http://www.orpingtons.co.uk/breeds2.asp but to my knowledge there is none in North America. I lost the link but if you can find Germany's breed club page they have even more colours there, including Red (as deep mahogany as the best RIR) if I could that is where I'd go for stock, the birds are spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom