Orpington Fans !!! Lavender Cuckoo/mottled/blue mottled etc..

jab91864

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 3, 2007
Northern Michigan
Here is a great link with some good pics. The site is dutch but the pics speak for themselves. I got the link at a british forum while searching on Orpington colorations.... you know they have sooooooo much more then we do !!!

The Gold laced are gorgeous, the lavender cuckoo is very very nice and there is what I would call silver laced and blue laced....gorgeous!!!

Hope you enjoy as much as I did. It gives us something to dream about and strive for....lol.

http://www.orpington.nl/nieuwe_fotoalbumbestanden/PRISCILLA/priscilla Middleton.html

Julie
smile.png

If those colors are in this country they are a well kept secret...lol. I'm sure people are working on them but I would think availability will be a ways off.

But maybe I am wrong..... lol, gotta have hope. Julie in Al is working on mottled which is very pretty indeed.

Julie
smile.png

Wow, Julie great site. I was looking the other nite trying to find something with pictures and that one is a treasure. I love the depth and mass of those orps. I have two blacks up about 5 months right now that have that. I just wish I hadn't lost my black Roo to Owl. Guess I will have to breed them to Blue Boy and see what happens. Also to my mottled and then save the best and breed back to mottled to work on type. I will have to get some pictures of them as they are maturing. The ones I hatched with blue boy and the hens that I have were large but not a typey as the Blacks I got from a Fl. Breeder. I also have a trio of buffs I hatched from same couple and they look very promising.. I will try to get some pics of them. They are just four months now.
Again Julie thanks for sharing. Looks like we have the same passion for the European Orps.

Well it's sooooo much eye candy it's overwhelming to pick a favorite color....for me anyway. I have some buff gals and what looks to be a promising young blue roo that I hatched from some eggs I purchased in the spring. I definitely want to spread out a little coloration wise, add black, some more blues.

I really like that round full look as well....and in stature it is similar to the puffball appearance of my standard cochins.

I admit the genetics is a swirl in my noggin but hope to be able to understand enough to experiment somewhat. Besides which it's just not fair Europe has soooooo much more poultry wise than we do...lol.

Julie
smile.png

There are people here in the states with the type and the standard colors for US but I don't know about the other colors. I have joined the UOC but they are spread out and from what one person told me its not easy to get some of the best. If I get anything decent going i want to spread the Love. I wish I could go to more large shows. NOt that many here. I drove 5 hrs to Fl to the largest show I have been too that had standards an bantams. That's where I met the couple showing the Orps there and made a contact.

Many, many here haven't even heard of the Blue Orpingtons that Julie and I have, much less the other colors. I agree that Europe is doing some intriguing things with this breed and wish it would spread here faster.

I've never been to a show. I don't think walking thru the poultry barn at my backwoods fair counts...lol.

I'm toying with ideas but to be honest I dont' think I could focus myself solely on one breed only.

Julie
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom