Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

You're welcome. Jubilee is a gorgeous pattern, but it seems to be so variable on some of the birds that people breed. I've always stayed away from the variety, but birds like him always make me want to try my hand with them.
I agree 100%. It took me quite some time to settle on a breeder (Carolina Rare Chicks) to get my eggs shipped from and then only managed to hatch out 4. This guy has more black in his fluff then I would like but otherwise I cant find much to fault with him. Hopefully, next spring I can start hatching and I will see if they can consistently produce this quality or better.

I agree 100%. It took me quite some time to settle on a breeder (Carolina Rare Chicks) to get my eggs shipped from and then only managed to hatch out 4. This guy has more black in his fluff then I would like but otherwise I cant find much to fault with him. Hopefully, next spring I can start hatching and I will see if they can consistently produce this quality or better.
The dark looks good. I hate the washed-out light ones that are overly marked.

The dark looks good. I hate the washed-out light ones that are overly marked.
Yes, there are so many that look like that. My girls are darker than many I have seen but I hope to breed for darker richer mahogany color. Some photos of them in different lighting levels.

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0544.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom