Orpington Full Range

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by the chocs, Jan 11, 2011.

1. the chocs

the chocs Off to Greener Pastures

Apr 25, 2010
    CHESHIRE
    Hello every one !

Just try to put some of our Orpington in the farm base in Stockport Cheshire England
    for your guys to see what they suppose " to be or not to be "

THE GIRLS

Red cuckoo orpt

[​IMG] Blue lace

[​IMG]

Cuckoo Orpt

[​IMG]
    black Orpt

Red Orpt [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just white Orpt

[​IMG]

THE BOYS

Jubilee Orpt

[​IMG] [​IMG]

blue partridge Orpt blue lace Orpt

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Red Orp buff lace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Only the black orpt from David POWNALL the rest from Great friend of us " THE DEVELOPER , THE CREATOR , THE BEST OF ALL THE BESTS , THE TRUE GENTLEMENT !!!! BOB FOLLOWS

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    OMGoodness - [​IMG]
    Breath Taking! [​IMG]

3. the chocs

Apr 25, 2010
    CHESHIRE
    WHEATEN ORPINGTON L/F

[​IMG]

BUFF BOY

[​IMG]

WHEATON ORPINGTON BANTAM

[​IMG]

LET GUESS THIS ONE ?

[​IMG]

4. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Minh Nice birds.

I don't remember you having this thread. I guess you have so many great birds we need more then one thread to show them all!

Great BIRDS!!!

Here are a few to add to the mix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. bledsoe95

bledsoe95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    Oakwood, Virginia
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These are only some of my buff orps.Just wondering where do u get the other orps.?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

These are only some of my buff orps.Just wondering where do u get the other orps.?

They are from the UK, not here. Some have been imported, either legally or illegally, to the U.S. Of course, some folks here are trying to recreate the other colors in this country.

Personally, I prefer the American standard Orps.​

7. the chocs

Apr 25, 2010
    CHESHIRE
    Quote:They are from the UK, not here. Some have been imported, either legally or illegally, to the U.S. Of course, some folks here are trying to recreate the other colors in this country.

Personally, I prefer the American standard Orps.

I wish you luck ! Please note that The Orpington in US is ENGLISH BREED

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Now, how did I know that voicing my opinion would cause someone to become contentious? I am very well aware that Orps are an English breed. I still don't like the huge bloated-looking birds of that standard. That's my personal opinion and just an aside comment--no need to get your hackles up, sheesh. [​IMG] Perhaps I should have said that I like the less fluffy version better.

9. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    There are a few of us here in the States who have imported quality stock legally from England. I'm sure there are some illegally imported as well. BamaChicken and I have legal BBS Orpingtons. Greenfire Farm has several varieties - GL, Jubilee, Lemon Cuckoo and Chocolates. He might have other varieties, but not sure about that. We do have an English Orpington thread going that you might want to visit. Here is the link. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=386051

You
    can also import yourself from England. Just visit the USDA and APHIS websites, or call them....they will give you all the info you need in order to import live birds or hatching eggs from the UK. Believe it or not, for a government agency, I found them very nice and very helpful.

Personally, I much prefer the bigger and fluffier English Standard as compared to the rather scrawnier, leggier American Orpington.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  10. the chocs

Apr 25, 2010
    CHESHIRE
    Quote:Would love to the buff on the very left , second picture down please if you can

Cheers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by