Orpington gender!?!

BroodyB

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2015
Rochester MN
I've got some better pictures of my Orpington and I think she/he is looking henish....

He/she is 6 weeks old today!

Last edited:
Too young to say for sure yet, but I'm leaning towards cockerel.......... :oops:

It's all good :) I'm in denial! I've got six chicks and three are without a doubt roosters and 2 are pullets. The orp is my one in question and hope for another pullet, since I can only have three hen in town where I live.

Looks to me like pullet at first glance but taking a better look at the wattle development says cockerel. We'll have to wait until she/he is older I think.

Too young to say for sure yet, but I'm leaning towards cockerel.......... :oops:

It's all good :) I'm in denial! I've got six chicks and three are without a doubt roosters and 2 are pullets. The orp is my one in question and hope for another pullet, since I can only have three hen in town where I live.

I hear ya.... I had a hen hatch out three, one was a Black Sexlink pullet and the other two were "wait and see" barnyard mixes. Within 2 weeks one of the mixes was an obvious cockerel, and the other I had a gut feeling was a cockerel too. But I was in denial as well, LOL. 8 weeks later..... They're both cockerels. So two cockerels and just one pullet. :/

ETA: I promptly turned that into a good excuse for a fall chick order, LOL! :lol:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom