orpington Question

jack bache

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 4, 2011
hay i have been breeding chickens for a long time now. And i was wondering is orpingtons are a popular breed because i told some people that i know i was getting some orpingtons and i got given $450 in total from them people.
th.gif
ep.gif
i was wondering are they rare or what?????
hu.gif

HallFamilyFarm

APA ETL#195
10 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Monticello, Arkansas
You should be able to get Exhibition Quality Orpingtons at a better price than that. Many of the importers of the English type are charging high prices to recoup their investment. You should expect to pay about $100 to $150 for a good trio of American SOP type Orpingtons.

galanie

Treat Dispenser No More
11 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Colmesneil,TX
Just so you know, most people never saw anything but a Buff Orpington. In some places getting any other color is difficult. So they aren't what I'd call rare, but good ones can be pretty hard to come by sometimes.

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Wow.. We don't sell exhibition chickens around here that are that price. The most I ever paid for one was $20.00. I have never bought from a hatchery, all breeders. My BUFF Orpington is SQ and I only paid $15 for her.
IMG_0629-2.jpg

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
Quote:
What? Is this serious? What types did you have?

Im sorry I didn't realize you were in another country...it makes sense now with the $ they are offering you for them..

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Quote:
What? Is this serious? What types did you have?

Im sorry I didn't realize you were in another country...it makes sense now with the $ they are offering you for them..

That makes sense.

Other countries have a lot of rare colored Orps that are $$ because they're such rare colors, but the colors are getting less and less rare each year. Such includes Crele, Jubilee, Mottled, Gold Laced, Chocolate, and good quality Lavender.

Top Bottom