Orpington Thread

This is our BluexBlue chick, born 03/19. I'm guessing pullet. This is from our own hatch and I see alot of different between her and the chicks we purchased. The roo is 50/50 English/Am. and the Hen is 100% English. Again all critiques welcome.

COLOR/TEMPERMANT
Has anyone seen any distinct personality differences between the Orp colors? We are getting our first this month and wondering if the breed is uniformly docile and friendly or if some colors are less so.

My lavender orpington roo is one of the friendliest and most docile bird I have had, compared to my lavender orpington chicken, who runs away and scratches me.

are these blue orps?

OK what else do you do when your procrastinating from doing some real work!!!
Why take pictures...
I have 3 Orpington Roo's that we purchased, along with 15 other straight run, several weeks ago. We are trying now to decide which to keep. They are 8 weeks old.

Here is a new pullet that we just purchased this weekend. She is 75% English. I haven't noticed the yellow beaks before. Is this an issue? She is 5 weeks old. We also bought her father who I've attached below.

We purchased the first chicks in the hope for a nice black Rooster and then we found this guy. I'm trying to decide if its worth even growing any of them out.

Thanks in advance for your input.

My wife and I are looking for one or three Toulouse Geese that are for sale in Georgia for our little mom. We have a small lake for the geese to have fun in and a barn for them to have shelter.
This all started with a flock of eight a couple years ago. Last fall during hunting season a really dumb x-neighbor decided that they would be good to eat so there is only one left. Needless to say, He no longer lives in the area.
Mom is heart broken and for Mothers day my wife and I would like to be able to find atleast one or three adult geese so this one could have companionship. we live in the monticello area but will drive to get the geese.
thanks,
virgil and judy

Back
Top Bottom