Orpington Thread

My wife and I are looking for one or three Toulouse Geese that are for sale in Georgia for our little mom. We have a small lake for the geese to have fun in and a barn for them to have shelter.
 This all started with a flock of eight a couple years ago. Last fall during hunting season a really dumb x-neighbor decided that they would be good to eat so there is only one left. Needless to say, He no longer lives in the area.
 Mom is heart broken and for Mothers day my wife and I would like to be able to find atleast one or three adult geese so this one could have companionship. we live in the monticello area but will drive to get the geese.
thanks,
virgil and judy  

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/3762594853.html

This lady is very nice.

Jen

My lavender Orpington rooster

My purebred lavender Orpington hen

My non purebred lavender Orpington hen

How many orpington roosters and hens can one keep in one coop together
If they are not English, they require more space due to their size..it is recommended 3 sq. feet for coop.....10 sq. feet for run for each chicken. I allow more coop space than that and mine free range so I don't worry about run space.
Anyway, I believe it is better to give a little extra space so they are not picking on each other. These figures are for all large fowl breeds.
Oh, And welcome.............
welcome-byc.gif

I'm not to good at chicken math but giving myself 5 ft per chicken I have room for 25 with a little to spare so how many can be roosters? ? Thanks for the help

It is recommended that you have one rooster per every eight to twelve hens for large fowl breeds. Sometimes you hear less than that (for example, six) if you're concerned about fertility.

Just in my limited chicken-keeping experience.
wink.png
Don't hold me as the authority.

Back
Top Bottom