Orpington Thread

Oh! So we've got chicken sisters! lol
They are so adorable! <3

I just switched their brooder bedding to sand. It's a bit late, but i had trouble finding DRY bags of sand here in the Seattle area. They are making a huge mess dust bathing and flinging it all over the "formal" living room! :D
In a week or two, I'm gonna have to get a refrigerator box set up as their brooder--these chicks seem so much bigger at 3wks than my previous set of (feedstore) chicks.

I've got mine in a pumpkin box, which is working nicely so far. My coop shows up Nov 11th and I'm going to move them out (with a Sweeter Heater) at that point.

I've got mine in a pumpkin box, which is working nicely so far. My coop shows up Nov 11th and I'm going to move them out (with a Sweeter Heater) at that point.

I'm moving my little feathered piglets into a wardrobe box this weekend. The pumpkin box is a fabulous idea! Did your new coop arrive alright? I moved my older girls into the new coop this week and finished the run. I grossly underestimated how long it would take me to finish their run!

The chiclets are so incredibly social and sweet! I'll have to post pics and we can all play Pullet or Cockeral! I am pretty sure I have 5 roos so far. One has taken to practice his crow at 4:30--it sounds like a strangled cat! All 3 Lavenders are looking like roos :( and one black and possibly one Jubilee.

I'm moving my little feathered piglets into a wardrobe box this weekend. The pumpkin box is a fabulous idea! Did your new coop arrive alright? I moved my older girls into the new coop this week and finished the run. I grossly underestimated how long it would take me to finish their run!
No. Apparently we had a glitch about the deposit (he sent an invoice via PayPal and I never got an email, and he didn't follow up when I mysteriously didn't pay it). So I was left high and dry and SHOCKED on the 11th. We're back in motion now, but I'm quite annoyed. If I had another option, I would have take it. Chicks are getting LARGE!

Last edited:
Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hello!
This past Spring I got my first ever chickens--4 chicks from the feedstore. I quickly fell in love and started doing more breed research and became smitten with the English Orpington.
There are currently 11 brooding in my living room and they are now almost 3wks! There are 3 Jubilee, 3 Lavender, 3 Black, 2 Chocolate from Papas Poultry in CA.

They are the sweetest lil fluff nuggets!
welcome-byc.gif

I have a black orpington, and 2 buffs and yes, they are the sweetest little girls. The black one is laying now and is huge...to say the least in comparison to the others in her mixed flock, but she is next to the bottom on the pecking order. She does protect her little Sultan buddy though. Enjoy your new adventure!

T
:welcome

I have a black orpington, and 2 buffs and yes, they are the sweetest little girls.  The black one is laying now and is huge...to say the least in comparison to the others in her mixed flock, but she is next to the bottom on the pecking order.  She does protect her little Sultan buddy though.  Enjoy your new adventure!

Thank you! I'm totally head over heels for these little feathered piglets!

I feel like the different colors of my chicks are feathering in at different rates.

The Lavender and Chocolates are pretty much tiny proper chickens with full feathers.

The Jubilees and Blacks still look like Skeksis!

They are 7wks old today and still in my formal living room. I'm getting nervous about putting them in the coop soon as it's been so cold here in western WA lately. Ive started to turn their EcoGlow off during the day so they can get used to somewhat cooler temps.

I feel like the different colors of my chicks are feathering in at different rates.

The Lavender and Chocolates are pretty much tiny proper chickens with full feathers.

The Jubilees and Blacks still look like Skeksis!

They are 7wks old today and still in my formal living room. I'm getting nervous about putting them in the coop soon as it's been so cold here in western WA lately. Ive started to turn their EcoGlow off during the day so they can get used to somewhat cooler temps.

Mine are like this too (7-9 weeks). The splash feathered in first. waaaaay before the blues and the lone black (and he's clearly a cockerel and just the ugliest little Skeksis you've ever seen right now).

Back
Top Bottom