Orpington Thread

I got my mottled chicks last night! I am so in love!

Some pics of their parents from the breeder:

Sooooo, cute! I'm picking up a mottled pullet in a few weeks. Can't wait!

Ohhhh so eggciting! I never thought I'd own mottleds, I'm so happy to start my flock with them. I got so lucky with these! They are half Autumn Farms and half Heirloom so I hope I can introduce new blood with some blacks at some point and maybe find another unrelated mottled rooster at some point. It's hard not to get all caught up planning for the future!

Yes! BBS are my next goal. I think blue mottleds would be so pretty! They make great decoration even if you can't breed or show. They're my favorite breed of pet chicken. mine always end up so friendly and amusing!

Last edited:
Yeah its such a beautiful color! I love all of the spangle! Varieties but blue spangled is my fave!

I have serious lust in my heart for the silver laced orps. I'd love to add one of those down the road. The breeder I got my BBS orps from has them, and I'm hoping I can get a pullet from him at some point.

You might end up with some interesting color combinations with such an eclectic collection of orp varieties. Sounds like fun! A yard full of Orpingtons! What could be more beautiful? I can't wait to move out to our new 22 acre farm and let these chicks free range. For now they get some play time in the living room lol

Our Pyrenees pup loves them and licked them until they were soaked lol

You might end up with some interesting color combinations with such an eclectic collection of orp varieties. Sounds like fun! A yard full of Orpingtons! What could be more beautiful? I can't wait to move out to our new 22 acre farm and let these chicks free range. For now they get some play time in the living room lol

Our Pyrenees pup loves them and licked them until they were soaked lol

If I had 22 acres, I would have sooooooo many chickens! Your Pyr is gonna love all that land, too.

Back
Top Bottom