Orpington Thread

colowyo0809

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
Dacono, CO
So, I noticed that there was no actual official thread for Orpingtons! This is very disturbing! I know that there are people out here that like, nay, love the Orpington!! So, post! Post your pics! Tell us your stories!! Make this the place that people go to for Orpington Information!! Black, Red, White, Lavender, Buff, Laced, Bantam, Green!! Whatever Orpington you raise, tell us about them!! Tell us why and how!! Make us proud!!!!!
th.gif
th.gif
golly that was exhausting!

So, in addition to other breeds, we have one white orpington. Her name is Ophie! These are her pics!

Here she is as a young girl (she's white one!)

Here she is in the sun for the first time

Here she is shortly after getting into her new coop home

And here she is, today!

Well there is an UNofficial, Official Orpington thread on BYC.
Here is my first pic of Flozelle. And real Black Orpington.
Let me pop off some more pics and I will add to this one.

000_6678.jpg

Uh. if there is no Orpington thread, then what is it I have been posting at for several weeks, and avidly looking at beautiful Orps on?
wink.png

Quote:
This may be more catering to those who may like using Orpingtons to make newer varieties in addition to those on the other thread. Alot of folks like to make newer varieties and that may mean not doing it the conventional way. Which means using other breeds like Speckeled Sussex to make newer and cooler looking Orpingtons. The other thread really is not into encouraging mixing breeds. I got ALOT of stuff thrown at me for showing a NON PUREBRED bird.

Last edited:
Quote:
There is alot to learn when you mix different genetics in. I think many folks wonder what if? This is a better "what if" thread to talk about those breedings.

Quote:
Yeah, funny story! After I posted this I found the other thread. So, then I reported this thread and asked that it be removed since there already was such a great thread going
big_smile.png

I went through five pages of searching before giving up and starting this one. Also, I recommended that the other one be the one that gets listed in that "notable breed threads" list that is stickied at the top of this subject forum
cool.png

And I've posted in that thread as well.

And, I think it'd be cool to use this as a "what if" thread as lild mentioned
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom