Orpington Thread

I love our white orps.
love.gif
I do need to get new pics of them, but here are some..

whiteorps002-3.jpg

whiteorps003-1.jpg

whiteorps008.jpg

whiteorps010-2.jpg

whiteorps001.jpg

The whites are beautiful, but after owning Delawares and seeing how dirty they get dust bathing, I think I will stick with my BBS beauties!

I don't think they get that dirty. Sometimes my buff orps will dust in the driveway stone. They look like dusty lemon blues till they're done dusting in that stuff. lol But my whites don't go down to the driveway and stay close to their coop. Other than an occasional poop dropped on someone, they stay pretty nice and white.

Well, I found our missing orp today. I really don't know what happened. There isn't a scratch on her, no bite marks, nothing! She wasn't diseased that I'm aware of either! Found her under the trailer, she had gone in where some of the skirting is missing. I'm guessing she got chased under by something (we do have cats running around, although the chickens tend to chase the cats, not the other way around!
gig.gif
)or someone, like the roo perhaps. But, either way, she is gone and she will be missed. She wasn't my favorite, but she was remarkable simply because she was rather unremarkable! I believe we have one buff orp in the brooder coop, will try to post a pic in a bit.

Love those whites darlin! Thanks both of you for showing me I'm not the only one!
big_smile.png

So glad to hear you found her and everything is alright. I know how frantic I would be if anyone went missing on me.

Quote:
My apologies, I don't think I worded that quite right. I found her dead. Not clear on what she died from however. With no sign of violence, we are leaning towards possible heat stroke or something along those lines. But, yeah, in terms of her not having been taken by a predator, everything is going to be ok. Thank you for your concern
smile.png
hugs.gif

Oh, I'm so sorry. I totally misunderstood what you wrote. It could very well have been a heat stroke in this crazy weather we're all having.
hugs.gif

hinkjc those Whites are stunning! I am with Beth though...my Delawares get absolutely dirty orange from the clay around here I would be afraid to have white orps. LOL

I love my Orps and my goal is to get down to only orps, cochins and bantams (Silkies, Cochin and D'uccle)

I was going to breed my Splash Orp, Thor to my splash cochin, Luna and see what kind of splash babies I got but alas I lost Thor to the heat in July.

7630_hpim6953b.jpg

7630_hpim6999.jpg

I have Thor's sister, Athena who is a blue, Tonks and Bella are my hatchery BOs and I have new BBS orps from speckledhen's Suede and Smoky and 2 orp babies and a blue cockerel from scbatz33.

7630_hpim6904.jpg

7630_grits5.jpg

HPIM7382.jpg

Blue cockerel, Lancelot

HPIM7367.jpg

HPIM7366.jpg

Cetawin - you should enter those last two photos in a contest or something. Those are the sweetest pictures I have ever seen. Thank you for posting them.'

I noticed you had a Tonks, Bella, and Luna - you a HP fan? I had a Tonks, Bella (short for Bellatrix) and a Luna too !! You have good taste in names.
wink.png

Quote:
Nice lawn mower. When I break out the tiller I about get taken out by my birds. They LOVE to see the tiller rumblin thru their pens. lolol

Back
Top Bottom