Orpingtons! All Roos?

onmelissa

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 8, 2014

10-11 weeks old.

Last edited:
First of all, they are not all orpingtons. The second one doesn't look like a orp either. The last ones do appear to be orps.

How old are they? The third one is really looking like a roo to me. The fourth may be a roo also. Depending on age, the others look like pullets.

Last edited:
Really? The first two are crele orps from a reputable local breeder.
That's disappointing.

First of all, they are not all orpingtons. The first one is defiantly not one. She looks like a mix. The second one doesn't look like a orp either. The last ones do appear to be orps.

How old are they? The third one is really looking like a roo to me. The fourth may be a roo also. Depending on age, the others look like pullets.

Like this:

Sorry, but they do mostly look like roos to me. At 10 weeks on a slower-maturing breed like an orpington, the just seem to far along to be hens. I don't know if MAYBE the first and last ones are roosters, but the others definitely are. Those thick legs give them away. For contrast, this is my buff orpington hen at 14 weeks, as you can see the comb and wattle are not nearly so large, or the legs so thick:

Back
Top Bottom