OT...What should I do with a bunch of cream cheese?

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
I have cream cheese galore. Personally I won't eat the stuff (yet) and I hate to see it go to waste. Does anyone have any good recipes? Besides cheese cakes? I just have so much of the stuff. If all else fails I'll feed it to my animals.

Ummm I should have posted this in the recipe section maybe? Help, I'm overwhelmed with cream cheese
tongue.png

Peanut butter pie - tastes like peanut butter cheesecake, but not so "cheesecake" like.

1 - 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
1 lb powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
cream these together.
add in ---
1 tsp vanilla
1 tub of cool whip (folded in, not whipped in).
pour into a ready made pie shell, graham cracker, chocolate cookie, or shortbread (I prefer the shortbread pie shell for this).

You can sprinkle chocolate shavings on top if ya want.

or -

Pumpkin Cheesecake (in case it is just regular cheesecake ya don't like).

Peace -
Meriah

Last edited by a moderator:
Freeze it, you can still use it to cook with. There are some cookie bars that use a basically-cream-cheese layer; also it is good, in moderate quantities, in enchiladas or burritos (chicken or seafood, or just veggie and cheese). You can even use it, again in moderate quantities, in the making of KILLER mac and cheese
smile.png

Have fun,

Pat

I know you said no cheese cake, but tis the season for pumpkins - have you ever had pumpkin cheesecake. Mm mm good.
smile.png

Jody

Yea I could freeze it if I wanted a pregnant freezer. Freezer is jammed. I have frozen cheese in the past and when it defrosts has been crumbly and a bit mooshy. I like that peanut butter pie recipe. Lemme ask, what is short bread pie crust? I also have a bunch of pilsbury regualr pie crust? Is that the same thing?

Is there anything I could do with it in hot foods maybe? Something that's not a dessert?

Gaw I have so much food to deal with. I just hate to see stuff go to waste. Still have tons of cabbage, onions, and lettuce to get rid of. Oh also sour cream. Dang forgot about the gallons of sour cream. Ugh.

You can do it up for mac and cheese and pretty great lasagne, or make some fabulously unhealthy twice stuffed baked taters. Sorry we all just said "freezer!" Now I add: Neighbors' freezers!

Back
Top Bottom